Scuba Diver Pulled Down 300 Feet Below By Giant Tuna

Travis
Posted
Posted

how does a tuna pull a person down 300 feet unless the person was spear fishing & got caught up in the line or something? the only tuna I have seen is the 1 that comes in a can :lol: & I do not dive so I cannot imagine how a fish can drag a man :photo-109: http://www.mb.com.ph...elow-giant-tuna MANILA, Philippines — A scuba diver was accidentally pulled down around 300 feet below the sea surface by a giant tuna fish while conducting pleasure diving activity in the waters off Kiamba in Saranggani, the Philippine Coast Guard (PCG) reported on Monday.Lt. Commander Armando Balilo, PCG Public Information Officer, said scuba diver Ramir Te, who was on a diving expedition, was 80 feet below the surface when he was pulled down by a giant tuna fish at the waters off Kiamba afternoon of Sunday.The victim was immediately rescued by members of the Coast Guard Special Operations Group (CGSOG) rescue divers but due to the critical condition of Te, they sought the assistance of a Philippine Air Force (PAF) helicopter in Cagayan de Oro City to conduct a medical evacuation and brought the victim in a hyperbaric recompression chamber inside the PCG search and rescue vessel BRPSan Juan (SARV-001) which was on a deploy mission in Cebu City.

No name
Posted
Posted

Often stories in the Philippine press leave me wondering with many questions that go unanswered.I've seen cases where divers became tangled with marine life on Nat Geo. Probably got tangled in the gear. I saw something on Nat Geo where a huge whale locked on to someone's arm and took them down when they were snorkeling. No tanks. The whale or whatever would take the person back to the top for air then take them back down again. Was an amazing thing to watch.These critters might be a lot smarter than we think they are.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
...I saw something on Nat Geo where a huge whale locked on to someone's arm and took them down when they were snorkeling. No tanks. The whale or whatever would take the person back to the top for air then take them back down again. Was an amazing thing to watch.These critters might be a lot smarter than we think they are.
Holy Smokes... I'd heard stories about the CIA trying to train porpoises during WWII to carry bombs under ships... now those sneaky devils are training whales to conduct harsh interrogations.Tom in Texas