Va Outpaient Clinic

TomM
Posted
Posted

I still havent been reimmbursed for a visit to manila from Feb. 24th 2010. I call they say check is in the mail. Months later still havent got it. I go in for my next appointment and they reimburse me right there from the travel agent, to the cashier. No problem.I brought my paper work from the feb. appointment, the lady tells me she can't pay it checks in the mail. From a member that has passed away i asked him about the process and they are suppose to just add it to direct deposit and it usually takes 3 months.I was happy to be reimbursed on the spot hope that continues to happen. As for the check in the mail still haven't recieved it. Don't know where there mailing it from or to?Always have a problem getting thru to VA outpatient clinic. I usually have to call the Veterans admin. and have them transfer me. I brought the reimbursement to the attention of the Veterans admin. they said it should be added to my direct deposit. It has been going on 9 months don't know what to do?

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Well Tom M, just think what a lot of military retirees in the Philippines are going through using TRICARE and how difficult of a time they have when trying to file their reimbursement claims! I myself have a 20% disability comp from the V.A., but never had to use any V.A. clinics for my particular disability, because I just got my TRICARE medical benefits through the Air Force Reserves when I turned 60 a few years ago. I haven't yet filed any claims to TRICARE, but I eventually will claim a lot of my medication costs for my diabetes which is costing me around P10,000 a month! I'm here in Northern California on vacation and ran out of my medication. I went to a TRICARE certified doctor and got a new prescription for my diabetes. In a few hours I got all the meds I needed and it only cost me $3.29 per prescription for a supply for 30 days and also I didn't pay anything for the doctor's visit! So, TRICARE does work in the U.S. not like that in the Philippines! No wonder why a lot of the retirees are up in arms fighting for their rights and benefits TRICARE isn't providing in the Philippines for all of us military retirees!

United Army
Posted
Posted

I also have an issue with the VA about my travel claim. I was seen in June this year. NO word on my travel check. So last month I wrote to the VA Clinic in Manila and asked them to call me about it. AND someone did call me and told me they got my letter and they were going to forward it to the lady that does the travel claims...nothing since then!!! I think you just have to wait and wait. I know when I go up again next year if I did not get my travel money I will have some words with that lady who does the travel cliams....Best of luck TOmM

• 1 month later...
United Army
Posted
Posted

Well last week I got my travel check from the VA in Manila, it was sent by Air 21 delivery right to my home. It was for my June appt this year and the date of the check was Sept 28. I'm glad I had my correct PH address on file with the VA.

• 1 month later...
Jake
Posted
Posted
http://globalnation....erations-Jan-24Hey guys,The above link came from the Philippine Daily Inquirer announcing a new VA clinic and admin officeto service the US veterans.Respectfully -- Jake