What Is The Salary Of Govt Officials In The Rp

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I found the salaries amazing,  :whistling:  and they wonder why there is corruption in the Philippines when new police officers and new customs people only make p10,535 a month and new prison guards make p7043, so how do they expect these people to live on those measly salaries? and then they expect good educations when they pay teacher p9939 to p15841 and they have to have a degree.  :23_11_62[1]: How much do Philippine government officials make in salary?

softail
Posted
Posted

No wonder everyone has there hand out, they are just trying to survive. It's just like in some of the small business that I worked in as I was growing up, the pay was so low that alot of the employees were stealing from the boss, in there mind making things right. I'm not saying its right, just saying IMHO thats the way it is.Doug and Sally

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I found the salaries amazing, :whistling: and they wonder why there is corruption in the Philippines when new police officers and new customs people only make p10,535 a month and new prison guards make p7043, so how do they expect these people to live on those measly salaries? and then they expect good educations when they pay teacher p9939 to p15841 and they have to have a degree. :23_11_62[1]: How much do Philippine government officials make in salary?
Very surprising. The article is over a year old though, according to Wikipedia the President is now making 95,000p per month or 1.14 million a year, the equivalent of $26k USD. He's certainly not doing it for the money. Public school teacher's salaries are even more appalling, no wonder they all want to leave.

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,I don't exactly know what a mayor (Cebu for example) makes per month but they spend millions and millions to campaignfor a lucrative position such as this. As you may know, it's all about kickbacks that are negotiated under the table for themayor's signature or approval. I have noticed that every year the road construction guys would dig up, repave or resurface a typical road that was done just recently. Or the contractor, usually the lowest bidder would skimp on materials and the road falls apart again. For example, it would call for 6" layer of cement but only lay down 3" instead. Under the table midnight deals are the status quo which is why a mayor making say 15k per month can afford to send their kids to Oxford in England or show off their bling-bling.Respectfully -- jake

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,I don't exactly know what a mayor (Cebu for example) makes per month but they spend millions and millions to campaignfor a lucrative position such as this. As you may know, it's all about kickbacks that are negotiated under the table for themayor's signature or approval. I have noticed that every year the road construction guys would dig up, repave or resurface a typical road that was done just recently. Or the contractor, usually the lowest bidder would skimp on materials and the road falls apart again. For example, it would call for 6" layer of cement but only lay down 3" instead. Under the table midnight deals are the status quo which is why a mayor making say 15k per month can afford to send their kids to Oxford in England or show off their bling-bling.Respectfully -- jake
Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. (Great to see you Jake!)My wife is from a poor agricultural town/village. Her friend is the current mayor, and her other friend's grandpa was the mayor for a very long time when she was growing up. They're RICH! The vote-buying is expensive - 500 pesos per voter minimum - because the pay-off is so grand. The foremer mayor / grandpa made so much money as mayor that none of his kids or grandkids have really had much need to work ever since, and they live a luxurious life. Now that he's recently died, and who knows when the grandmom will go, they're all scrambling to set themselves up in the next life (post-grandpa).And just like the construction scams you mentioned, the current town mayor's brother is the town engineer, who's rumored to be doing exactly what you just outlined. People have actually been telling my wife to run for town council if we move back, especially since she's well-connected now. I think their salary would be 25k, though not sure exactly. Personally, we'd both prefer she stays out of it, since once the mayor changes, so do all the cronies, friends and power. Just imagine how much money G. Arroyo made as president.... woooooow

No name
Posted
Posted

One of the comments on that article was from a doctor. I think it reveals a lot:

It’s the perks. You get access to a lot of things that can earn you a lot of money. Most of them legal. For the doctors:There was a salary increase effective last July. Physicians get Php 22,000.00 both in health centers and government hospitals minimum. There are levels that as you go high up, it increases. There is also Philhealth charging and perks. Some do resort to inserting bogus charges as instrument fees and the like. But there are surgeons in government hospitals who earn 100,000+ minimum monthly.As for the senators and other officials, I noticed a Micheal Defensor as one of those that bought shares of Nihao at 1 peso per share (is he the same guy as the politician?). I also noted some prominent previous government officials on the top100s of other companies. As I understand some of the IPOs are offered first to institutional investors (like the government) which is why it is easy for this officials to get them cheap and get high positions.As for plunder, I can’t say. Who would admit to tha
I saw an advertisement seeking and account with 5 years of experience in Cebu the other day. Pay was P10,000. In 1983, I was just out of college (accounting degree) and earned that in 4 days and that is almost 20 years ago! Five years later, I earned that in about a day, again, 20 years ago!

ekimswish
Posted
Posted (edited)
One of the comments on that article was from a doctor. I think it reveals a lot:
It’s the perks. You get access to a lot of things that can earn you a lot of money. Most of them legal. For the doctors:There was a salary increase effective last July. Physicians get Php 22,000.00 both in health centers and government hospitals minimum. There are levels that as you go high up, it increases. There is also Philhealth charging and perks. Some do resort to inserting bogus charges as instrument fees and the like. But there are surgeons in government hospitals who earn 100,000+ minimum monthly.As for the senators and other officials, I noticed a Micheal Defensor as one of those that bought shares of Nihao at 1 peso per share (is he the same guy as the politician?). I also noted some prominent previous government officials on the top100s of other companies. As I understand some of the IPOs are offered first to institutional investors (like the government) which is why it is easy for this officials to get them cheap and get high positions.As for plunder, I can’t say. Who would admit to tha
I saw an advertisement seeking and account with 5 years of experience in Cebu the other day. Pay was P10,000. In 1983, I was just out of college (accounting degree) and earned that in 4 days and that is almost 20 years ago! Five years later, I earned that in about a day, again, 20 years ago!
To me the lack of movement in salaries is a direct result of OFW opportunities. Most Filipinos work in the Philippines to raise money and/or experience for overseas work, or don't work at all if they have a relative abroad who's supporting them. I know.... I know.... lots of Filipinos work hard with or without OFW assistance.... that was a comment applied to MANY but not nearly ALL or half of situations. But it's hard to raise salaries, when the more qualified they get the quicker they leave and are replaced by less qualified, is the case. It's a catch-22 now.... limit OFW's and learn the hard way; continue OFW's and never learn at all.Not to mention OFW's are the ones not just to demand higher salaries, but to develop the country better, AND hold the government accountable. Knowing English so fluently as in the Philippines' case has been a curse and blessing. Countries that don't speak English well have been forced to speak technology well and learn English later. Edited by ekimswish