Kids

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Hey, I know a lot of you guys are divorced and/or have just lived a really long life with a lot of time to have had babies 20 or 30 years ago. So how do your kids feel about you having a new life in the Philippines? How do they feel about maybe having half brothers and sisters in the Philippines? How do they feel about you having a new wife twenty years younger than their mom, possibly their age (try to answer the other questions first, since the age thing's been beat to death)?

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Hey, I know a lot of you guys are divorced and/or have just lived a really long life with a lot of time to have had babies 20 or 30 years ago. So how do your kids feel about you having a new life in the Philippines? How do they feel about maybe having half brothers and sisters in the Philippines? How do they feel about you having a new wife twenty years younger than their mom, possibly their age (try to answer the other questions first, since the age thing's been beat to death)?
My daughter's mother is a Filipina so she has a big connection with the Philippines already and has been on many trips to the Philippines. The latest trip was in May for the fiesta where my ex wife is from. She is happy to appear in Philippines videos and pictures on my webite.I don't plan to have any more kids so the half brother issue isn't a problem.About 6 years ago, I showed my daughter a picture of a new girlfriend and she said she looks ugly. I haven't bothered to have a discussion about girlfriends since.Regards: Jim

brock
Posted
Posted

My 2 sons couldnt be any happier for me, They love my wife, They love my daughters.My sons wife is 5 years older than my wife.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I love kids but....couldn't eat a whole one!

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
For bite size portions, try Girl Scout cookies. According to "Wednesday" on the Adams Family... "they're made from real Girl Scouts."
  • Like 1

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted
For bite size portions, try Girl Scout cookies. According to "Wednesday" on the Adams Family... "they're made from real Girl Scouts."
But they are a weird family...........

dnunez69
Posted
Posted

I'm still a good 5 years away from going, and my kids are not too thrilled, especially the girls 19 and 27. My boys are maybe a little more forgiving. They 're 23 and 26. My kids are very jealous and will not take too kindly to a new wife, regardless of age, race or sex. So you could imagine how they'd love half brothers or sisters. Not! To say the least, it will be a challenge just to get to the Philippines! But I'll die trying!

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted (edited)
My son 27 enjoys and loves his brother 7. I could never have imagined having sons this far apart. He ,as I would hope most children, would just want their parents to be happy and I think he is genuinely happy for me. The older son balances his relationship with me an his mom/ my ex gracefully and understands that the new wife had nothing to do with the divorce and that there was no ability to salvage that relationship. My wife is still 10+ years older than him. I'm not sure how I would feel if she was the same age or younger than him. Edited by Gold Heart