Power Savers

No name
Posted
Posted

I had someone post a comment on a website. I think it was intended to be spam but he offered some content in his spam so that doesn't really bother me much. Had he used his real email address, I would have allowed his link to remain.I need to provide it here so I can get information. When it comes to building anything other than a PC, i suck. :)I don't want to give this guy a link to his product but I don't know how I can talk about this without doing so it might not even be his product. I don't know.POWER SAVER - INTELLICONTROLLER : Reduces Power Bills and Saves Money!http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/2694850/POWER+SAVER+-+INTELLICONTROLLER+%3A+Reduces+Power+Bills+and+Saves+Money%21?referralKeywords=power+saver#descriptionIt isn't expensive but does anyone know what this is all about? Looks bogus to me. They guy said he built a generator and used this to cut down on the power supply required. It looks like BS to me. But like I said, I am no builder.Thanks for the help.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Those electrical power saving devices are all over the local TV shopping networks and with door to door salesmen trying to sell them! I don't really know if they work, but the theory behind those power saving devices is Greek to me unless one is an electronic engineer who knows how to read schematics and understand electronic theories in how a particular gadget works or don't work! For all we know, they're just out right scams and the gadgets don't work what was advertised, unless one buys one and uses it out if it works, but if it doesn't work, you're out of thousands of pesos for a piece of junk and usually there's a no return policy or you can't even contact the company or salesman who sold it to you! So, you're SOL!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

No name
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it reminded me of some of the stuff I've had people show up trying to sell door to door like an auto gas shut off valve which is not totally useless but way over priced by the door to door guy.I don't believe they work. If reduced power to the appliances then I don't think that could possibly be good for them.And yes, I saw no return policy. An implied one. "If you are not happy we are not happy" but nothing was said about what they would do if you are not happy.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
And yes, I saw no return policy. An implied one. "If you are not happy we are not happy" but nothing was said about what they would do if you are not happy.
You have to read it to see it,lol biggrin.gifIf you are NOT happy, we are NOT happy too. Our IntelliController Units are backed by a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. We are confident about our products. Our average reduction on kwh is around 8-20%. If at the end of 90 days, you do not experience atleast 8% reduction in your kwh consumption per month, provided that your consumption has not been intentionally increased, then we offer money-back policy.

No name
Posted
Posted
And yes, I saw no return policy. An implied one. "If you are not happy we are not happy" but nothing was said about what they would do if you are not happy.
You have to read it to see it,lol biggrin.gifIf you are NOT happy, we are NOT happy too. Our IntelliController Units are backed by a 90-Day Money Back Guarantee. We are confident about our products. Our average reduction on kwh is around 8-20%. If at the end of 90 days, you do not experience atleast 8% reduction in your kwh consumption per month, provided that your consumption has not been intentionally increased, then we offer money-back policy.
Wow, i would have thought they went back and added that except, when I read it again, I missed it AGAIN.You know what? I think I've been reading so much my brain is just too full to accept any more. th_thimage_265775.gifI've been reading a lot about Internet marketing lately and this drives what I've read home. People tend too skim read these days.But still, geesh, okay, i need a break.....

• 1 month later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So . . . it looks like nobody here has tried this device. It sounds too good to be true so I'm not gonna try it. Maybe some new guy will try it and tell us if it works. 89.gif

sjp52
Posted
Posted

If it worked it would be more popular

Jake
Posted
Posted

http://ezinearticles...-Tips&id=229576The article above gives you the basic theory and application of these so called "power savers". Here is the link of the product for home use. It's called the Zap Box: http://thezapbox.com/Perhaps some one else could research consumer report if this is a good investment of $300.Jake