The Philippines Is Perceived As One Of The Most Corrupt Countries In The World.

Sampaguita
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is so difficult for me to read news stories such as THIS one about my country. I wonder how the people in power can sleep at night.

Edited by Mr. Lee
Bold and underline link word THIS

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

in silk pajamas :541:

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I was watching a show on the National Geographic channel...about a filipino dancing couple that were in a SE Asia contest. Anyway, they lost, but they began to tell of how she has hundreds of wins, is world class and yet with all her trophies, she can't put food on her table because of them, so she has to teach. Anyway...they showed her teaching the Philippines richest guy's daughter, and how this daughter was good, and IF she won the contest she was entering, it would mean the coach would get 2 grand. Oh, they said the father was worth BILLIONS...and I am thinking, her daughter practices all day every day with this dancer/teacher...and IF SHE WINS, he can throw what would be a few pesos to me or Lee to her. Meanwhile, he is flying around in a private helicopter...I kept thinking, how about a few grand weather she wins or not? :Mad:123Sad when a few families control all the wealth and the church says....make more babies while the govt says, no new jobs.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

As long as the Philippine Government doesn't rain on my parade, we're fine! We don't watch the local news on TV, it's always the same thing showing the poor and under privileged! But it's good to know that there are some people out there willing to help with donations whenever they can!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I think there is some hope!Maybe there is some hope for Philippines, that corruption is recognized as a real problem and is not beneficial to the majority is now widely accepted and has become a top priority for change. The crocodiles are so very well entrenched and have been in existence for hundreds of years so it will be a long battle.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Would love to know the position of that ranking.1st? 2nd....30th?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Would love to know the position of that ranking.1st? 2nd....30th?
The figures are in the OP link but here is part of the news story.According to the latest Transparency International global corruption index, the country continues to be in the “highly corrupt’’ category, ranking 134th out of the 178 countries included in the index. In Asia Pacific, the Philippines occupies the 26th spot out of a total 33 economies.http://business.inquirer.net/money/topstories/view/20101031-300807/Making-the-dream-of-a-corruption-free-RP-come-true