Google Mail Problems

United Army
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone has been having problems using Google mail? I cannot load my contact lists, or respond to e-mails that I get. It seems I have loading problems and it started a few days ago.Does anyone else use Google mail and have loading problems like me?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems using Google mail?  I cannot load my contact lists, or respond to e-mails that I get.  It seems I have loading problems and it started a few days ago.Does anyone else use Google mail and have loading problems like me?
I use it and it has been working fine. I usually have the mail forwarded to another email address and that way I always have a copy in my G mail but I just logged in again using AOL and Opera as browsers and it worked OK, so what browser are you using and maybe you might wish to try a different one and especially if you are using IE.

United Army
Posted
Posted
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems using Google mail? I cannot load my contact lists, or respond to e-mails that I get. It seems I have loading problems and it started a few days ago.Does anyone else use Google mail and have loading problems like me?
I use it and it has been working fine. I usually have the mail forwarded to another email address and that way I always have a copy in my G mail but I just logged in again using AOL and Opera as browsers and it worked OK, so what browser are you using and maybe you might wish to try a different one and especially if you are using IE.
Yes I'm using IE....I have been using Google mail since July 2009 without any problems until this week and have been using IE also. So what does the Browser have to do with trying to create mail or open my contact list or respond to e-mails all of which I cannot do. Google was not working most of the day yesterday and then for a few hours it was working just fine and later last night and now today its not working again. I can receive e-mails and I can read them, but cannot respond to them, cannot compose e-mails and cannot open my contact list. This all started around Tuesday this week when I notice these problems. I backed my computer to a previous restore point but it did not help. I'm pretty good when it comes to computers, but what does a browser have to do with all of these problems I have been encountering with Google mail?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Just wondering if anyone has been having problems using Google mail?  I cannot load my contact lists, or respond to e-mails that I get.  It seems I have loading problems and it started a few days ago.Does anyone else use Google mail and have loading problems like me?
Yes I'm using IE....I have been using Google mail since July 2009 without any problems until this week and have been using IE also.    So what does the Browser have to do with trying to create mail or open my contact list or respond to e-mails all of which I cannot do.  Google  was not working most of the day  yesterday and then for a few hours it was working just  fine and later last night and now today its not working again.  I can receive e-mails and I can  read them, but cannot respond to them, cannot compose e-mails and cannot open my  contact list.  This all started around Tuesday this week when I notice these problems.  I backed my computer to a previous restore point  but it did not help.  I'm pretty good when it comes to computers, but what does a browser have to do with all of these problems I have been encountering with Google mail?
Browsers can affect many programs when they are not compatible. For instance on this forum some skins work with most browsers but some do not like IE8 and in the past when trying to post with IE8, the posted info would jump when trying to reply to another members post and make it hard to type in or see where we were typing, that does not happen with other browsers. I guess it might have to do with how the program is tested and now that Google has added their own browser Google Chrome, and wants everyone to use it, I would not be at all surprised if they make their mail incompatible with most other browsers. It was just a suggestion based on my past experiences with programs, when they do not work in one browser, then I try another and if it does not work in a few then it is them and not a compatibility issues causing the problems.  I also might suggest that since I believe G mail is a US provider, then they may do service on it while people in the US are supposed to be sleeping, so you might try it late at night or early in the morning and see if it works. I have found that to be the case with a lot of things US based. Hope you get it working and all worked out. I just tried it again and it is working fine for me now too but to show you how browsers can affect a program, I just signed out of G Mail and got the below message.

post-40-062542500 1289004657_thumb.jpg

United Army
Posted
Posted
Yes I'm using IE....I have been using Google mail since July 2009 without any problems until this week and have been using IE also. So what does the Browser have to do with trying to create mail or open my contact list or respond to e-mails all of which I cannot do. Google was not working most of the day yesterday and then for a few hours it was working just fine and later last night and now today its not working again. I can receive e-mails and I can read them, but cannot respond to them, cannot compose e-mails and cannot open my contact list. This all started around Tuesday this week when I notice these problems. I backed my computer to a previous restore point but it did not help. I'm pretty good when it comes to computers, but what does a browser have to do with all of these problems I have been encountering with Google mail?
Browsers can affect many programs when they are not compatible. For instance on this forum some skins work with most browsers but some do not like IE8 and in the past when trying to post with IE8, the posted info would jump when trying to reply to another members post and make it hard to type in or see where we were typing, that does not happen with other browsers. I guess it might have to do with how the program is tested and now that Google has added their own browser Google Chrome, and wants everyone to use it, I would not be at all surprised if they make their mail incompatible with most other browsers. It was just a suggestion based on my past experiences with programs, when they do not work in one browser, then I try another and if it does not work in a few then it is them and not a compatibility issues causing the problems. I also might suggest that since I believe G mail is a US provider, then they may do service on it while people in the US are supposed to be sleeping, so you might try it late at night or early in the morning and see if it works. I have found that to be the case with a lot of things US based. Hope you get it working and all worked out. I just tried it again and it is working fine for me now too but to show you how browsers can affect a program, I just signed out of G Mail and got the below message.
Thanks Mr. Lee...I downloaded FireFox Browser and my G-Mail is working just perfect.