High Percentage Of Unwed Mothers In U.s.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

During my years in the PHL I have watched how Filipinos seem to want to mimic Kanos in many ways and with the growth of cable TV in the cities, it seems more and more Filipinos who live in the city watch TV and try to emulate Kano culture, so I wonder if the fact that there are more and more unwed mothers in the PHL could be a result of thinking it is OK because Kanos do it? So are they destroying their own and the countries future too? For new members, Kano is a term used for all of us round eyes.

Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, and have their own children out of wedlock. 

The black community's 72 percent rate eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent.
The complete story HERE

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
During my years in the PHL I have watched how Filipinos seem to want to mimic Kanos in many ways and with the growth of cable TV in the cities, it seems more and more Filipinos who live in the city watch TV and try to emulate Kano culture, so I wonder if the fact that there are more and more unwed mothers in the PHL could be a result of thinking it is OK because Kanos do it? So are they destroying their own and the countries future too? For new members, Kano is a term used for all of us round eyes.
Children of unmarried mothers of any race are more likely to perform poorly in school, go to prison, use drugs, be poor as adults, and have their own children out of wedlock.
The black community's 72 percent rate eclipses that of most other groups: 17 percent of Asians, 29 percent of whites, 53 percent of Hispanics and 66 percent of Native Americans were born to unwed mothers in 2008, the most recent year for which government figures are available. The rate for the overall U.S. population was 41 percent.
The complete story HERE
I think if you take away the "War on Drugs", that 72 percent rate of fatherless children in the black community drops a ton, with all their dads out of prison for simple marijuana charges. If you take away slavery and the cycle of abuse and devaluation of education, it drops even further. Same with hispanics: the War on Drugs, The War on illegal immigration, both of which lead to gang proliferation and education neglect, lead to a tough situation. An apologist, maybe. I believe that Filipinos don't care one way or the other what happens in American modern culture regarding family responsibilities. I believe it's a common theme all across Asia that men have the right to have as many women as make them happy as long as they can afford it. Couple that sense of entitlement with a religion or political system leaning the opposite way, and you have a lot of abandoned kids to replace what would've been simple polygamy.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I hope no one minds but I changed the title of this thread because I want to make this more about the Philippines and less about the US since I am seeing more and more unwed mothers in the Philippines and even have one in our extended family, so seeing the way the Philippines seems to be heading upsets me, and I would love for it to head back into a traditional family way.

Edited by Mr. Lee
add

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, I think you could be onto something Lee. Philippines are bombarded with the toxic American TV culture that marginalizes men, family and faith for instant gratification selfishness and wealth.Having so many OFW’s away from the family unit, poverty, Catholic Government control of birth control methods and drug use all come into play too.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Yes, I think you could be onto something Lee. Philippines are bombarded with the toxic American TV culture that marginalizes men, family and faith for instant gratification selfishness and wealth.Having so many OFW’s away from the family unit, poverty, Catholic Government control of birth control methods and drug use all come into play too.
I agree with all of that. Only addition I'd make is that pretty much every Filipino family I've known, in Canada or the Philippines, has been broken to a degree... just not officially. Obviously I've never done statistics or research on this, so a lot of people could prove me wrong here with their own observations being the opposite. It just seems like everyone I talk to has had some deal with their dad having kids with another woman, whether he left them or not. Impressively, the Filipina often stays loyal to that guy anyways (good or bad?). Clearly, men all over the world cheat like crazy, and so do women. That's not a Filipino thing. I think where you get to birth control and pregnancies and lack of divorce is where it starts to look a little more "Filipino". Provide birth control and divorce, and it's no different than in the West.