Veterans Day 2010

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Today in America we honor those who served. THANK YOU!!

Freedom is never free. ~Author Unknown

In war, there are no unwounded soldiers. ~José Narosky

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Thank you Old55 for posting this important topic. :13_4_10[1]:   While today is veterans day in the US, I just wanted to say God Bless all of you who served in all countries, and thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who fought to keep our countries free. 

Jake
Posted
Posted

Well, thank you Old55 and Lee!Still my favorite quote so far is: when a Marine sniper was asked how did he feel when killing a terrorist. He simply said -- a little recoil.Oh yeah, lock and load!Respectfully -- Jake

brock
Posted
Posted

Why do we let these people get away with this

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
What's a "poppy" and why do I care if they burn it?Who are "these people?"So, lacking any real facts... my stock answer to your question would be -- -- because there are many countries where they could not "get away with this,"... and because we are not one of those countries because of the sacrifices of our countries veterans... we protect their right to "get away with this"... and your right to say they are full of sh!t.But, I'm still not sure what they "got away with."444.gif But I digress -------- To our veterans around the world - th_thanx.gificon_GreatJobKao.gifTom in Texas

brock
Posted
Posted
What's a "poppy" and why do I care if they burn it?Who are "these people?"So, lacking any real facts... my stock answer to your question would be -- -- because there are many countries where they could not "get away with this,"... and because we are not one of those countries because of the sacrifices of our countries veterans... we protect their right to "get away with this"... and your right to say they are full of sh!t.But, I'm still not sure what they "got away with."444.gif But I digress -------- To our veterans around the world - th_thanx.gificon_GreatJobKao.gifTom in Texas
Sorry Tom, I was assuming everybody knows about poppy day in england, They sell poppys to the public for any donation and the money goes to war veterens help, They were muslims chanting to kill the british soldiers, Much like the burning of your flag by the muslims, A great insult to the British people, But our government let them get away with it and do nothing, But if a british person started chanting kill all muslims, Then they would be thrown in prison , Just makes me so mad that these people come to our country and take all the benifits we give them and then they do things like this...You try doing it in there country and see how long you would last.Regards Brock.

• 4 weeks later...
Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I just got this emailed to me and I wish I had seen it in time for veterans day, yet it also reminds me of the minutes of silence that we often see while in the supermarkets in the PHL.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

It's never too late to remind us all of the good deeds our Veterans past and present have done and am doing for our country so that we will always have our freedom and way of life! th_thanx.gif

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
Sorry Tom, I was assuming everybody knows about poppy day in england, They sell poppys to the public for any donation and the money goes to war veterens help, They were muslims chanting to kill the british soldiers, Much like the burning of your flag by the muslims, A great insult to the British people, But our government let them get away with it and do nothing, But if a british person started chanting kill all muslims, Then they would be thrown in prison , Just makes me so mad that these people come to our country and take all the benifits we give them and then they do things like this...You try doing it in there country and see how long you would last.Regards Brock.
Thanks Brock... sorry for the belated reply... just noticed your post.OK... I'm on board with you now.... "get the hell away from those poppies... a-holes." 1%20(72).gif