Another Power Rate Hike Looms In Cebu

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

:9436:   I guess a lot more of us in Cebu are going to have to get used to living without air conditioning.   :1 (60):  :1927_: An increase of around 70 centavos per kilowatt hour may be felt during the first quarter of next year when VECO starts purchasing power from independent power producers (IPPs).the complete story HERE

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Ouch that was painful to read…. another typical Filipino journalistic mashup. The best I could figure is that maybe the price will go up around 20% sometime next year?

Travis
Posted
Posted
:( I guess a lot more of us in Cebu are going to have to get used to living without air conditioning. :D :36_1_47[1]: An increase of around 70 centavos per kilowatt hour may be felt during the first quarter of next year when VECO starts purchasing power from independent power producers (IPPs).the complete story HERE
they must be kidding or crazy. :yes: I sure picked the right time to leave but as Mc Arthur once said I will be back & especially if they keep me working the way they are coz at this rate I will have some good savings b4 2011 & if they keep me full time into next year then I will work for a year or so & put my ss on hold then head back to Cebu with enough savings as a cushion & a higher monthly ss too :( :grouphugg: I got to run now & back to work. at this rate of about 80 hours a week I hope they never find more holiday help :dance:

No name
Posted
Posted
:36_1_47[1]: I guess a lot more of us in Cebu are going to have to get used to living without air conditioning. :D :(
Not I. My electric bill has been around P9000 the last two months. I ain't cutting back on the aircon! No way.