Manny Pacquiao Pounds Antonio Margarito For Eighth Title

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess with those words he is already training to become a real politician for when he will no longer fight. ARLINGTON, Texas - Manny Pacquiao approached the podium in a back room of Cowboys Stadium for the post-fight press conference after beating Antonio Margarito to a grotesque and bloody pulp and earning a record eighth crown in as many weight classes before an astonished crowed of 41,734."It's a great honor for me. And it's great to be a champion in eight weight classes," said Pacquiao. "We are so grateful to all of the boxing fans and everyone who bought a ticket. My focus is not all on boxing, it's the people." Despite entering the ring at a 17-pound weight disadvantage (165 pounds to 148 pounds in favor of Margarito), Pacquiao lost a total of only three of the 36 total rounds over the three judges' cards, winning by the lopsided scores of 120-108, 119-109, and, 118-110.The complete story HEREhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKCvAWBZh6o

Edited by Mr. Lee
Youtube added

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Good fight. Class act. Manny wins on both hands down

No name
Posted
Posted
Good fight. Class act. Manny wins on both hands down
My cable TV is out so I didn't see it. :(Agreed, he is a class act.

Jake
Posted
Posted

The southpaw "Fighting Congressman" Manny Pacquiao, is not only the best in his class, but has compassion for his fellow maneven against his opponent last night. Not once but twice, Pacquiao called the referee over to check Margarito's bloody condition.Born in the province of Bukidnon (central Mindanao), his early life was helping his mother (parents were separated) sells cigarettes in the streets. Later, along with his boxing credentials, he achieved the rank of Sergeant Major in the Philippine Army reserve.He's got my vote if he decides to run for the highest office -- Jake

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Good, but not a great fight! Before he hangs up his gloves, I want to see him fight Shane Mosely and Mayweather, then IMHO will his boxing carrier will leave no doubts that he's the best of the best! In my book, all the other great fighters didn't leave any doubts!

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

Fighting Shane Mosley does nothing for him. Mosley looked amazing against a just-caught-in-the-act-of-cheating Margarito, but boring before that against Mayorga, whooped by Mayweather after, and so/so against Mora since. Mayweather is the only fight 90% of people want to see. There's one other fight he actually should do, and that's a 3rd with Marquez. Both fights were a coin-toss, and Pacquaio claims the weight loss hurt him in the second fight with leg cramps and such. If they fight at 140, or even 135, I think Pacquiao knocks Marquez's head clear off his shoulders and then people can stop talking about it. As is, if they never fight again, at least half the people out there will continue to claim that Marquez was the real winner, and Pacquiao ducked him the 3rd time, whether it's true or not. What would happen in the Philippines if they had a brown out during the fight?The funny thing about Margarito is he has continued to deny any knowledge of the illegal padding in his handwraps, and that he's as much of a victim as anyone in that scandal. It's almost believable, if you want to believe it. But then seeing him deny he was making fun of Roach's Parkinson's disease when he and Brandon Rios were caught in the act on video, claiming that he was only saying Roach was shaking with fear, even after Rios and Garcia admitted and apologized for it, just shows you what kind of loser he is. Either that, or he's the unluckiest victim either. I think the ref not stopping it was punishment for the scandal.

No name
Posted
Posted
The southpaw "Fighting Congressman" Manny Pacquiao, is not only the best in his class, but has compassion for his fellow maneven against his opponent last night. Not once but twice, Pacquiao called the referee over to check Margarito's bloody condition.Born in the province of Bukidnon (central Mindanao), his early life was helping his mother (parents were separated) sells cigarettes in the streets. Later, along with his boxing credentials, he achieved the rank of Sergeant Major in the Philippine Army reserve.He's got my vote if he decides to run for the highest office -- Jake
Obviously, I can't vote for him. :)There seems to be some resentment growing toward him. He's become too successful. My GF thinks he's too uppity now. My guess is she's not alone.I don't get it. Some are worried about his wealth. Not because he's spending on himself but giving so much of it away. A very Filipino thing to do. I don't think many really know what he is doing. Not even a sex scandal. I wonder how many of us would be without a scandal with his success? Chances are very low that I would....1%20(172).gifWho knows what goes on anyone's mind but the guy seems like he really cares. He seems remarkably humble for someone that achieved what he has but who else has achieved his success? No one in boxing.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted
Obviously, I can't vote for him. :)There seems to be some resentment growing toward him. He's become too successful. My GF thinks he's too uppity now. My guess is she's not alone.I don't get it. Some are worried about his wealth. Not because he's spending on himself but giving so much of it away. A very Filipino thing to do. I don't think many really know what he is doing. Not even a sex scandal. I wonder how many of us would be without a scandal with his success? Chances are very low that I would....1%20(172).gifWho knows what goes on anyone's mind but the guy seems like he really cares. He seems remarkably humble for someone that achieved what he has but who else has achieved his success? No one in boxing.
Might want to google the scandal bit... he's had a couple :D A lot of Filipinos think politics will corrupt him.

No name
Posted
Posted

Awww okay ... I missed them. Good for him, I'd like a couple myself.