Happy Marriage Ease Pain Of Arthritis

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I would say this can be true of life in general, happy people are most often healthier than those who are negative or depressed all the time, so don't worry and be happy. I know being happily married has helped me. :th_thholysheep: A happy marriage helps ease the agony of arthritis, research suggests.Rheumatoid arthritis patients who had the support of a loving husband or wife reported less joint pain and better mobility than those who were single or whose marriage was on the rocks.Scientists believe the emotional stability that a strong marriage provides also has a powerful effect on physical sensations, such as pain.The findings, published in the Journal of Pain, support earlier studies which found the crippling disease progressed more slowly in married than single people.But the latest research suggests that the state of the marriage is key.‘These findings suggest the links between being married and health depend on the quality of the marriage, not simply whether or not someone is married,’ said research leader Dr Jennifer Barsky Reese, from the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, USA.‘There is something about being in a high-quality marriage that seems to buffer a patient’s emotional health.’ The complete story HERE

Jake
Posted
Posted

"Scientists believe the emotional stability that a strong marriage provides also has a powerful effect on physical sensations" Oh yeah, having a strong and positive relationship with your wife or girlfriend definitely increases the physical sensation. OK, guilty as charge, taking your comments out of context and responded in my own naughty way. The joints in my middle leg feel well lubricated after some rigorous physical therapy.Seriously, your general outlook on life is greatly affected by maintaining a good relationship at home. Friends and family and even co-workers will notice your positive energy. Additionally, laughter is a great medicine with no overdose side effects.Respectfully -- Jake

No name
Posted
Posted

I have noticed that when I'm in a new relationship and all those endorphins and love hormones are flowing (and I do mean love your gutter brained people LOL) that my health improves and it improves a lot!I wish I could stay in that state all the time.Hey there is an idea. I need a harem... that way when I get to feeling sick again, I just add a new wife! Presto, problem solved? th_thholysheep.gif