Cagayan De Oro To Get Tough On Pedophiles

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

And none too soon. IMO there is no place in this world for sickos that need to have sex with innocent children. COUNCILOR Edgar Cabanlas yesterday called on Mayor Vicente Emano to send pedophiles a strong message by acting on complaints of child abuse against suspected sex predators in the city. Cabanlas said pedophiles have continued preying on children here because of city hall's "silence" and "inaction"."I am really wondering why they are silent. It's only when Tubaga trooped to city hall late last week to press more charges against Rementizo that they started issuing statements," said Cabanlas.Members of Tubaga went to city hall last week to press administrative charges against PO2 Lonie Rementizo before the People's Law and Enforcement Board (Pleb) for allegedly taking advantage of children. Rementizo, who was arrested while emerging from Hightime motel with a high school girl in September, is out on bail. Cabanlas also called for public vigilance and monitor the cases against Rementizo, American Robert James Naquin and other suspected pedophiles that are being handled by city prosecutors. He urged prosecutors to build a strong case against the suspected pedophiles."I am appealing to them to speed up their work. File the cases as soon as possible against the suspects whether or not they are officers. Win the legal fight. We should not turn a blind eye to the abuses made against children of the city just because some of those involved are closely associated with some local officials," Cabanlas said. He cautioned prosecutors against allowing delays, adding that there were reports that fixers were out pressuring families of alleged victims to drop the cases. He said delays would be in favor of the suspects who were trying to buy more time. The opposition councilor also appealed to the city council's committee on women and children to start discussions on the alleged sexual abuses. He said it was not enough for Vice Mayor Ian Acenas to issue statements, adding the city hall's action was badly needed.More can be read HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

"arrested while emerging from Hightime motel with a high school girl"I am reminded of an old TV show called The Beverly Hillbillies with the characters Elly May and Jethro. Did they even make it to high school? My point is that the reporting in the Philippines is ludicrous. Who knows how old a "high school girl" is but it sure makes great political mileage.In the event the girl is underage, lets guess at 16 or 15, it still makes a mockery of the term pedophilia which should be reserved to create a great impact against people taking advantage of prepubescent children.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
"arrested while emerging from Hightime motel with a high school girl" I am reminded of an old TV show called The Beverly Hillbillies with the characters Elly May and Jethro.  Did they even make it to high school?  My point is that the reporting in the Philippines is ludicrous.  Who knows how old a "high school girl" is but it sure makes great political mileage. In the event the girl is underage, lets guess at 16 or 15, it still makes a mockery of the term pedophilia which should be reserved to create a great impact against people taking advantage of prepubescent children.
Just as a point of information, high school in the PHL is usually 13 years old to 16 years old, so the girl could have been 13 as well.