Countrywide's Mortgage Document Errors

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

If BOA goes down the tubes then I suspect many banks worldwide may follow. How are you all hedging your bets to make sure you do not lose all of your retirement savings? I know many of you may not have savings but for the question is for those who do.If what one bank employee said on the stand proves to be accurate, paperwork problems it acquired when it purchased the failing mortgage provider Countrywide in 2008 could leave BofA on the hook for billions of dollars.The story HERE

Genius
Posted
Posted

No problem for me I ve the full guarantee of the irish government behind my deposits. HO HO HO!

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... How are you all hedging your bets to make sure you do not lose all of your retirement savings?
This is not a recommendation... just my answer to the question -- 50% cash / 50% U.S. Treasuries.At age 40 and again at age 50 I got my ass busted big time with "safe hedges" while the economy plummeted. Could not afford to take another whipping at age 55 (2007), so when things got shaky... I went to all cash, then in 2009 just barely stuck my toe back in with 50% bonds. Returns are zilch, but I can sleep at night.