How Much Do Carol Singers Cost You Each Year??

Carol Singers  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How much do Carol Singers cost you each year??

• below 100p
    • 100p to 500p
    • 500p to 1000p
    • Over 1000p

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted

We live in a non-gated community and every night since September we get "carollers" singing at our gates. Some are bad, some are very bad and sometimes a jewel of talent shines through.The supplicants range from 6 year old kids to 80 year old ladies/gentlemen and most receive between 5p for their efforts - the best have been known to get a whopping 20p. last year I calculated I spent about 800p on them. How much do you spend??

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

We live in a gated community and we have Xmas carolers every year, but by appointment only! Donation: P50 per singer and a little buffet snack afterwards! gday.GIF

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I wish someone would introduce me to this Carol girl,P50 or even P800 seems like a damn good deal to me.laugh.gif yeah I know,merry Christmas to you too.biggrin.gif

MikeB
Posted
Posted
We live in a non-gated community and every night since September we get "carollers" singing at our gates. Some are bad, some are very bad and sometimes a jewel of talent shines through.The supplicants range from 6 year old kids to 80 year old ladies/gentlemen and most receive between 5p for their efforts - the best have been known to get a whopping 20p. last year I calculated I spent about 800p on them. How much do you spend??
Spend? Sounds like I've found a way to supplement my retirement income. Seasonal though...too bad. I'm a pretty bad singer but I can play a little trumpet...whistling.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
Spend? Sounds like I've found a way to supplement my retirement income. Seasonal though...too bad. I'm a pretty bad singer but I can play a little trumpet...whistling.gif
Yeah, I hear you Mike -- they would probably pay me to leave because my hollowing like a dog. Hell, I can't even fart a tune, only in F flat.Once in awhile during Christmas, you would get uniformed PNP come knocking at my door for "pang kape" (for my coffee). I probablyaverage about 500 pesos each Christmas.Jake

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)
Yeah, I hear you Mike -- they would probably pay me to leave because my hollowing like a dog. Hell, I can't even fart a tune, only in F flat.Once in awhile during Christmas, you would get uniformed PNP come knocking at my door for "pang kape" (for my coffee). I probablyaverage about 500 pesos each Christmas.Jake
Exactly - they pay me to leave. It's like what Charlie Sheen said when asked why he was paying prostitutes for sex when he was rich, famous, etc: "I'm not paying them for sex, I'm paying them to leave after". Sorry for going off topic, I've never been there during Christmas but I've heard about this practice and looking forward to experiencing it next year and beyond. Edited by MikeB

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Two boxes of 12-Gage 00 Buckshot ........ :woohoo: