There Are Honest Filipinos

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It is so great to read a nice story like this one which disproves the many bad things often said on forums about Filipinos in general. This officers mother is dying in a hospital and he still gives the money back, amazing. :th_thsmilies-29057: I hope he will be rewarded by a higher power.The Bureau of Immigration commended its officer for his honesty after he returned an envelope containing $10,000 in cash to an outbound passenger at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Link to the complete story HERE

Jake
Posted
Posted
It is so great to read a nice story like this one which disproves the many bad things often said on forums about Filipinos in general. This officers mother is dying in a hospital and he still gives the money back, amazing. :th_thsmilies-29057: I hope he will be rewarded by a higher power.The Bureau of Immigration commended its officer for his honesty after he returned an envelope containing $10,000 in cash to an outbound passenger at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. Link to the complete story HERE
"Mando L. Amisola, who has been with the Bureau of Immigration for less than two years, has been promoted to supervisor for his honesty and deep sense of professionalism....Your honesty and integrity is the clearest indication yet that we now have in the Bureau of Immigration a cadre of young employees and officials whose sense of professionalism is unquestioned and beyond doubt,” Well done Mando -- would it be nice if some of the higher BOI executives learn from his honesty and sense of pride. It's an open secret that both the customs and immigration bureau have customized "tables" for under the table deals.Respectfully -- Jake

softail
Posted
Posted

Now thats a refreshing story. I suspect that there is alot more honesty in the PI than we hear about. Bad news sells and the good stuff gets pushed to the back burner.Doug and Sally

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted

Dang... now where did I mislay that 10 grand I was going to donate to the Forum. th_thholysheep.gif

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Dang... now where did I mislay that 10 grand I was going to donate to the Forum. th_thholysheep.gif
Check under your mattress. whistling.giflaugh.gif