Where Can I Find Alain Stump?

LakeB
Posted
Posted

Hello

Does anyone know Alain Stump? He is an former speed skiier.I met him at Mactan International Airport this July.Even though we were total strangers to each other I helped him to pay the traveltax so he could join the flight.If someone knows him just tell him to send the utang to Sweden. He has my adress in his e-mail.He has also my e-mail if he likes to explain.

ThanksLakeB

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
HelloDoes anyone know Alain Stump? He is an former speed skiier.I met him at Mactan International Airport this July.Even though we were total strangers to each other I helped him to pay the traveltax so he could join the flight.If someone knows him just tell him to send the utang to Sweden. He has my adress in his e-mail.He has also my e-mail if he likes to explain.ThanksLakeB
I do not know who he is but I suspect that if he already has your email address then he is avoiding paying you back. Many non Filipinos in the PHL always seem to be out to part people with their money. I once lent a guy some money in Manila airport because he did not bring enough for the airport fee because he had said he already spent all his money and did not know he would have to pay the fee. I gave that guy my card with my mailing address on it and never heard from him, not even a thank you. So the saying never a lender be is a great one for the PHL and that includes non Filipinos as well, IMO never give to anyone unless you accept that you will probably never see it back again. Now with the above said, I have given to some I knew and got the money back, so as with everything else in life there are good and bad in all and not expecting it back and then getting it back is a big plus in my book. 

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
HelloDoes anyone know Alain Stump? He is an former speed skiier.I met him at Mactan International Airport this July.LakeB
Hello Lake.... interesting post.Are you a skiier? If so, and you happen to be skiing in Switzerland, Alain's grandfather, Jacques, started and operated the first independent Swiss ski school. The family is quite well known in ski circles and should not be too hard to find should you ask around in the ski community. Not too much skiing goes on in the PH, but if I run into Alian around Cebu, I will tell him that you want your money back.Welcome aboard... and good hunting.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
lmao.gifthats-funny.gif and a good way to get the message out of one's utang (IOU)! The guy is marked for life!

LakeB
Posted
Posted

HelloDoes anyone know Alain Stump? He is an former speed skiier.I met him at Mactan International Airport this July.Even though we were total strangers to each other I helped him to pay the traveltax so he could join the flight.If someone knows him just tell him to send the utang to Sweden. He has my adress in his e-mail.He has also my e-mail if he likes to explain.ThanksLakeB

Thanks for your response. I will not go to Switzerland or around in the Philippines looking for Alain.It’s not about the money. (p2000). It's the principle. I have learnt to always respond to helpful people, paying back what I owe or at least send some ”thank you”.Hopefully Alain have some good explanation. I have learnt some and it’s sad to say that maybe next time I just ignore someone begging for help. I also like to share my experience to you.Just let him know I am waiting if you meet him.

Take care always  LakeB

Genius
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know John Rooney ? He is a carpenter from the USA. I met him in Manila in 2004 and even though we were total strangers to each other, I lent him 2000 peso to help him out of a very difficult situation, (for him).If someone knows him, just tell him to send the money back to me at my Mayfair Bank account. But seriously, been there, done that. Never trust a newly made foreigner acquaintance with a loan. I ve given the benefit time and time again and never been pleaseantly surprised afterwards, (I m not counting foreigners known to me over a period of time), they are in my opinion much much worse than the locals as they obviously had the wherewithal to get half way across the world and so do not have the excuse of absolute poverty that many a local could rely upon. I might give gifts to a foreigner if I felt enough pity but never a loan with an expectation of receiving it back, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment if you do that.

Thanks for your response. I will not go to Switzerland or around in the Philippines looking for Alain.It’s not about the money. (p2000). It's the principle. I have learnt to always respond to helpful people, paying back what I owe or at least send some ”thank you”.Hopefully Alain have some good explanation. I have learnt some and it’s sad to say that maybe next time I just ignore someone begging for help. I also like to share my experience to you.Just let him know I am waiting if you meet him.Take care alwaysLakeB