A/c & Water Heater Efficency

Travis
Posted
Posted

I keep wondering if the a/c units sold in the Phils use more energy then the type sold in the states? I had a 1.25 hp unit in a room 35 or 38 sw meters & my bills were over p5000 many months so I wonder if that or the water heater uses a lot of electric & does anyone know what a/c & water heaters would cost less to run? I am doing my homework this time for the next time

sjp52
Posted
Posted

something I was wondering about is would it be worth while to use a dehumidifier in the Philippines. There sure is a lot of humidity. I know in Canada they have a label on the air conditioner stating what the efficiency is, I,m not sure about in the Philippines.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I keep wondering if the a/c units sold in the Phils use more energy then the type sold in the states? I had a 1.25 hp unit in a room 35 or 38 sw meters & my bills were over p5000 many months so I wonder if that or the water heater uses a lot of electric & does anyone know what a/c & water heaters would cost less to run? I am doing my homework this time for the next time
Well, If you're good with figures, just compute the output of your units as to how much energy they consume verses the cost of a kilo watt hr is in the Philippines and any other charges that is added on to the monthly bill! I myself haven't yet figured out what all those other charges are on my monthly billing statement, looks unfair and strange to me! Maybe we'll protest by just shutting down everything in our home except for our TV and PC and cook over charcoals and sleep outside at nigh in the back yard and watch TV looking in! And instead of using a 1.25HP A/C, can you get by using a .50HP to .75HP A/C? Hot water shower heaters are pressure demand type, if the water is really chilly, the slower the water flow, the hotter the water is (opposite with fast water flow) and it also depends on the temperature setting! Just adjust it at a happy medium where you're comfortable, not too hot and not too cold! And take average short showers, since you may take a half a dozen showers in a day! Edited by Fil/AmArt