What Airline Cost The Least From The Us To The Phils?

Travis
Posted
Posted

I had to use PAL on the way back & it was very expensive but easy to buy a ticket in SM mall so what airline do you use & cost the least?

sjp52
Posted
Posted

Ive found Delta to be about the cheapest most of the time. When are you going back to the Phils

Travis
Posted
Posted
Ive found Delta to be about the cheapest most of the time. When are you going back to the Phils
I have to save up some money so I can have a cushion & maybe buy a cheap condo or town home of my own to cut down on monthly costs that way I could put in the a/c & water heater of my choice & possibly insulate too. I want to stop my ss next year so I hope when I start it again to get more money that is if I can keep working at least a year or more. I had seen many reasonable places outside Cebu city so I would look at those or look for a second hand deal once I do come back. when is a good question maybe next year or the year after or the year after that the latest but it is all going to depend on how much money I can save up during that time coz right now I am doing very good & working my ass off so banking a bunch of money & I even got a promotion but I thought I would never have to work again so stupid me. also if my ss is much higher would help a lot & if the peso exchange goes our way would also help. I may look at cdo when I get back coz Lee offered to show me around if my timing is the same as when he is there. I would like to meet up with you too once I get back if you are still in the area but I am more inclined to go to Cebu again but outside of the city the next time coz rents & places to own are cheaper.

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

myself i always use Korean air from toronto to manila it cost me $1160 cdn this trip in march thats about the same as american s now i think , i had used northwest in past and yes they were cheap but found out no free drinks and old hag flight atendents but on korean air always young and great food and free beer plus a better luggage allowance and for me only one stop which is a plus !! i have had the same travel agent for 7 years now and i travel an hour away just to book a ticket and pay for it my sugestion is to ask for a consoladated fare you make take a hit on ur air miles but will have a cheaper flight !! i hope to see you at the get together in march all !!!OLDUGLY&CRANKY

sjp52
Posted
Posted
I have to save up some money so I can have a cushion & maybe buy a cheap condo or town home of my own to cut down on monthly costs that way I could put in the a/c & water heater of my choice & possibly insulate too. I want to stop my ss next year so I hope when I start it again to get more money that is if I can keep working at least a year or more. I had seen many reasonable places outside Cebu city so I would look at those or look for a second hand deal once I do come back. when is a good question maybe next year or the year after or the year after that the latest but it is all going to depend on how much money I can save up during that time coz right now I am doing very good & working my ass off so banking a bunch of money & I even got a promotion but I thought I would never have to work again so stupid me. also if my ss is much higher would help a lot & if the peso exchange goes our way would also help. I may look at cdo when I get back coz Lee offered to show me around if my timing is the same as when he is there. I would like to meet up with you too once I get back if you are still in the area but I am more inclined to go to Cebu again but outside of the city the next time coz rents & places to own are cheaper.
i,m back at home now too. I was told by my disability insurance that I had to go back to work. I have 3 years left until retirement. I thought I would never have to work again but oh well. If we do end up in the Philippines at the same time by all means look me up. You can never have enough real English speaking friends in the Philippines. How did you find a job so quick after returning home ? Your lucky. Glad to hear things are going smoothly for you back home. Hurry up and make some money so you can return to the land of broken English and the wild wild east. lol

sjp52
Posted
Posted
myself i always use Korean air from toronto to manila it cost me $1160 cdn this trip in march thats about the same as american s now i think , i had used northwest in past and yes they were cheap but found out no free drinks and old hag flight atendents but on korean air always young and great food and free beer plus a better luggage allowance and for me only one stop which is a plus !! i have had the same travel agent for 7 years now and i travel an hour away just to book a ticket and pay for it my sugestion is to ask for a consoladated fare you make take a hit on ur air miles but will have a cheaper flight !! i hope to see you at the get together in march all !!!OLDUGLY&CRANKY
Your right about the flight attendents. But your just a day away from lots of beauty any way. I didn,t know about the free drinks and one stop is worth its wait in gold. I will have to look into Korean Air next trip.

MikeB
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Delta flight (629) I have been taking goes from Detroit to Manila with a stop in Japan, same plane, so no worry of missing the connecting flight or running to a different terminal and it's usually one of the least expensive. Many of the cheapest fares involve changing airlines and ridiculous hours. Best to stay with one airline or it's partners and accumulate mileage if your're going a lot. I agree the service from any of the Asian airlines, in general, is much better. I believe they also have age limits and other requirements that can't be imposed in the US or Canada.Want to add one thing: no matter the nationality, age, etc being a FA is a very tough and demanding job, especially 13+ hour flights, and I always try to be as considerate as possible to them.

Edited by MikeB
Because I can

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Usually any non-peak season in the Philippines will have the lowest airfare from the U.S., just have to browse the airline websites or check with your travel agent and or airfare consolidators if you know one!

Travis
Posted
Posted
i,m back at home now too. I was told by my disability insurance that I had to go back to work. I have 3 years left until retirement. I thought I would never have to work again but oh well. If we do end up in the Philippines at the same time by all means look me up. You can never have enough real English speaking friends in the Philippines. How did you find a job so quick after returning home ? Your lucky. Glad to hear things are going smoothly for you back home. Hurry up and make some money so you can return to the land of broken English and the wild wild east. lol
I am guessing I was lucky coz it is the holiday season & my friend has worked in a big department store as a department manager for many years & told me there were lots of holiday jobs so I applied & got a job right away coz of the holidays & I have a work ethic & show up early & dont smoke so I do not take breaks & I stay as long as they want me to & I do my job without complaints unlike many others so the store manager who is not my friend promoted me soon after & gave me a raise & made me permanent if I wanted it & I said YES so I hope to meet you when I get back but I think it is going to be a while. now to you I think you should get a lawyer if you can prove you are disabled coz there are so many who are not that are on disability so if you are then you need to fight them & get what you deserve. good luck oh & so far Korean air seems to be the least expensive but I guess that might change by the time I go back :( I hope the time goes quickly for you & for me :Policeman: