Extra Pair Of Eye Glasses

United Army
Posted
Posted

Before I came to the PH, a friend of mine told me to get a extra pair of eye glasses, so I did and sure enough 15 months later I had a problem with my eye glasses and that second pair sure came in handy. So thats Mr. Lee for that good advice.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted
Before I came to the PH, a friend of mine told me to get a extra pair of eye glasses, so I did and sure enough 15 months later I had a problem with my eye glasses and that second pair sure came in handy. So thats Mr. Lee for that good advice.
Then my question is, how much is it for a good pair of glasses in the U.S. where you came from without medical insurance coverage? My glasses here where we live cost me on the average P6,000 ($140) fancy metal or plastic frame, plastic lens (progressive lens with anti-glare coating), photo gray extra.A simple plain pair of glasses can be as cheap as P1,200 ($27).

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Then my question is, how much is it for a good pair of glasses in the U.S. where you came from without medical insurance coverage? My glasses here where we live cost me on the average P6,000 ($140) fancy metal or plastic frame, plastic lens (progressive lens with anti-glare coating), photo gray extra.A simple plain pair of glasses can be as cheap as P1,200 ($27).
I am not sure it is just about the cost of glasses, as it is about knowing who to go to, and who to trust while settling in. United Army and I spoke and wrote quite a bit before he moved over and I recommended he do as many things as he could before leaving, in order to make his transition easier and I believe that was just one of the things we discussed.  :Policeman: Many of us have insurance in our home countries and that makes the costs lower or about the same. I have Verilux transition lenses in my glasses and with designer frames and they cost about the same as you quoted and I do not even know if they make the same in the PHL. I had gone into a number of stores in Cebu and CDO in the past and the answer was the same in all, they had to order it from Manila and that took weeks to get. Art your living near Manila might make it easier for you and now that time has passed since I asked, maybe they make lenses in other places as well but they did not back then and I am still not sure they make specialty items such as the type I have that turn to sunglasses and without lines for the different distances? I do my best to help members have an easier transition and the more we do before moving, the easier the transition becomes until we find our way around and get to know where to get items or find new doctors etc.