Newsbriefs

News Reader
Posted
Posted

BATAANTruck overturns; 3 women deadTHREE women died on Thursday when their truck carrying 100 sacks of sweet potatoes overturned along a national road in Barangay Ibis, Bagac town. The truck driver and crew had allowed the three women and 32 other people to ride on top of the cargo.View the full article

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
BATAANTruck overturns; 3 women deadTHREE women died on Thursday when their truck carrying 100 sacks of sweet potatoes overturned along a national road in Barangay Ibis, Bagac town. The truck driver and crew had allowed the three women and 32 other people to ride on top of the cargo.View the full article
One of my brother in laws and his eldest sons were killed while working and riding in a truck full of water buffalo when the truck overturned, a terrible death with the father being crushed and the son dying from a horn through the chest. The vehicles are often unsafe as are the roads with all the twists and turns, sad but often a fact of life in the Philippines and I wish I could have prevented my brother in law from taking that trip, had I just been there to help them out financially. He was such a kind and gentle person and I truly miss him. Life is not always safe for many of us but the hazards for the locals seems much worse to me.