I Guess Texting Is Safer

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Now there is yet one more reason to text instead of make calls. :SugarwareZ-037: With all the news about cell phones possibly causing cancer and lately with exploding, I wonder if texting will become more common? How many of you prefer text to phone calls? I am starting to go that way out of laziness to talk.Exploding phones are rare but not unheard of, and are often due to faulty batteries. In August, a man near in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan was found dead, with burns on his left ear, neck and shoulders. Investigators found pieces of his Nokia phone scattered nearby. Another woman on the southeastern coast of India was killed while talking to her husband on a charging phone in January. The complete story HEREAnd I wonder what else they will blame on cell phone use.   :89: Mobile Phone Use Linked to Bad Behavior in Children

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, sort of unheard of exploding cellphones, but IMO the real killer is texting and making calls on a cellphone when behind the wheel for any reason or on any road condition! I also believe it doesn't really matter weather if one is using blue tooth or any hands free devices, because it's still a distraction on one's driving because one's train of thought is on something else instead of paying attention to what's in front of you while driving! While on vacation, I've seen it happen first hand on the freeway, I saw this young woman in an expensive sport car with booth tooth in her ear and she was having an intense conversation and making gestures and taking both hands off the steering wheel and we were traveling on the freeway about 70 MPH along side her vehicle! What would happen if she needed to swerve in a moment's notice in a fraction of a second in order to avoid a collision while she had both her hands up in the air making gestures because of her intense conversation while driving? A common scenario I see all the time on the freeway! th_thholysheep.gif wt-hell.gif

Edited by Fil/AmArt