Cops To Go After Drivers Who Don't Use Headlights

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Finally, maybe they are going to do something about all the drivers who drive with their lights off. Why do they drive with their lights off in the first place? I hope they go after the taxis too.  CEBU, Philippines – Drivers who invite accidents by driving at night with their headlights turned off be warned; your days are numbered.Cebu City police deputy director Armando Radoc assured he will order the personnel of the Cebu City Traffic Group to intensify the campaign against public utility jeepney drivers who insist on driving without headlights at night.This after he received complaints from broadcaster Bobby Inoferio, against drivers who seem to prefer driving in the dark, particularly PUJ drivers in Guadalupe.The police official said the law provides that headlights shall be switched on after sundown if vehicles will be operated in roads to prevent possible collision or accidents.Aden Belza, head of the Land Transportation Office-7 regional operations branch, said drivers who will not switch on their headlights can be apprehended and cited for reckless driving.Under the new rates, drivers apprehended for reckless driving face paying a fine of more than P1,000 for a single offense.The complete story HERE

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Slowly but surely,the Philippines as we know it is grinding away.Not to say its a bad thing when it comes to safety but one of these days I suspect there wont be any jeepneys except in a museum or in your photo album.santa_trumpet.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Slowly but surely,the Philippines as we know it is grinding away.Not to say its a bad thing when it comes to safety but one of these days I suspect there wont be any jeepneys except in a museum or in your photo album.santa_trumpet.gif
Sadly those old school jeepneys are becoming rare now.