US banks linked to PHL banks

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i have my retirement direct deposit in a local bank in Oklahoma, it is a corresponding bank with PNB, i have a dollar account in PNB, i transfer dollars to my account, when i rate is up i go and exchange dollars for peso, i would never leave my primary funds in a phillipine bank, and my granddaughter is a bank officer in my local bank, so if ihave a problem i can get her by phone , email and get it straight.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i have  my retirement  direct  deposit in a local bank in Oklahoma, it  is  a  corresponding  bank with PNB, i have  a  dollar  account  in PNB, i transfer  dollars to my account, when i rate  is  up i go and  exchange dollars  for  peso, i would  never  leave my primary funds in a phillipine bank, and  my granddaughter  is  a bank officer in my local bank, so if  ihave a problem i can get  her by phone , email and  get  it  straight.
Okieboy, may I ask you what local bank in Oklahoma works with PNB, and what the charges are for said transfers? I know Wells Fargo bank allows such transfers to BPI and charges $5 to $7 each transfer.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I haven't yet found a bank that doesn't charge a fee for transferring or wiring dollars on-line or otherwise from a bank in the U.S. to a dollar account in the Philippines weather or not they are affiliated! I've known friends of ours who have paid as much as a $40 fee to do so! I just write out U.S. personal checks and deposit it into my local dollar account here in the Philippines, where there is no charge for deposit and just wait 25 days for my checks to clear! Been doing it for the past 10 years and never had any problems! I've never paid any fees what so ever using my bank here and or in the U.S. as long as I maintained the minimum balances in all of my accounts! So, my question is, what banks in the U.S. that are linked to Philippine banks that will allow anyone to transfer money on-line at will without any fees if one resides in the Philippines permanently? My bank in the U.S. does, but it has a hitch with international on-line transfers, I have to have a cellphone with a U.S. number, which makes it impossible for me to do so, the roaming charges alone just to get random security codes would defeat the purpose of what my intentions was originally was for, transfer money on-line from the U.S. to the Philippines! Won't work with my bank unless I do a wire transfer for $40! I don't think so, I'll just stick to what I've been doing!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Okieboy
Posted
Posted
i have my retirement direct deposit in a local bank in Oklahoma, it is a corresponding bank with PNB, i have a dollar account in PNB, i transfer dollars to my account, when i rate is up i go and exchange dollars for peso, i would never leave my primary funds in a phillipine bank, and my granddaughter is a bank officer in my local bank, so if ihave a problem i can get her by phone , email and get it straight.
Okieboy, may I ask you what local bank in Oklahoma works with PNB, and what the charges are for said transfers? I know Wells Fargo bank allows such transfers to BPI and charges $5 to $7 each transfer.
BancFirst of Oklahoma is a correspondent bank, transfer fee was $8.50 when i started but i only transfer every 6 months might have gone up but not much, about the same as Wells Fargo i have a account with them but only Mutial funds and Ira they have no branch in Oklahoma

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
i have  my retirement  direct  deposit in a local bank in Oklahoma, it  is  a  corresponding  bank with PNB, i have  a  dollar  account  in PNB, i transfer  dollars to my account, when i rate  is  up i go and  exchange dollars  for  peso, i would  never  leave my primary funds in a phillipine bank, and  my granddaughter  is  a bank officer in my local bank, so if  ihave a problem i can get  her by phone , email and  get  it  straight.
BancFirst of  Oklahoma is  a correspondent bank, transfer  fee was $8.50 when i started but  i only transfer every 6 months might  have gone  up but  not  much, about the  same as Wells Fargo i have  a  account with them but  only Mutial funds and  Ira they have  no branch in Oklahoma
Thanks for the info. :36_6_3[1]: Boy how I wish there was an easier way to transfer money but so far the best way I have found is as Art said above, I write a US check a few weeks in advance of needing the money and we keep enough money in our Philippine bank accounts to live off for a number of months in case something such as 9/11 were to God forbid happen again and shut down the banking system or the Internet or both. I used to use my US Citibank ATM card in the Cebu Citibank but now they charge a 3% fee for doing that, so I no longer use that because a peso saved is a peso earned and can be used for more important things than giving to the bank their fees. 

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone would be so lucky if one in their home country had an account for example in the U.S. and was able to do on-line transfers to their dollar Philippine account without any restrictions and or fees involved for such transactions, but haven't found any! As I mentioned previously, my bank has such a feature, but with conditions and restrictions not beneficial to my needs and or on-line purpose of transferring U.S. currency from my U.S. account to my USD account here in the Philippines! So, I just deposit my U.S. personal checks into my local dollar account to avoid any charges! Even direct deposit of U.S. pensions to a Philippine dollar account isn't free of charge, there's a $3 to $5 charge each month for direct deposit transactions and most or all the banks in the Philippines can only avail their U.S. customers passbook type accounts (with no ATM or internet access) for USD direct deposits of U.S. government pensions, not sure about private pensions though, where the U.S. government has no involvement with private pension plans! So, all of my government pensions will stay in my U.S. bank account to be on the safe side, since direct deposit in the U.S. works pretty well and have easy control on-line from anywhere in the world and same goes for my on-line banking with my bank in the Philippines!

Edited by Fil/AmArt

Okieboy
Posted
Posted
I haven't yet found a bank that doesn't charge a fee for transferring or wiring dollars on-line or otherwise from a bank in the U.S. to a dollar account in the Philippines weather or not they are affiliated! I've known friends of ours who have paid as much as a $40 fee to do so! I just write out U.S. personal checks and deposit it into my local dollar account here in the Philippines, where there is no charge for deposit and just wait 25 days for my checks to clear! Been doing it for the past 10 years and never had any problems! I've never paid any fees what so ever using my bank here and or in the U.S. as long as I maintained the minimum balances in all of my accounts! So, my question is, what banks in the U.S. that are linked to Philippine banks that will allow anyone to transfer money on-line at will without any fees if one resides in the Philippines permanently? My bank in the U.S. does, but it has a hitch with international on-line transfers, I have to have a cellphone with a U.S. number, which makes it impossible for me to do so, the roaming charges alone just to get random security codes would defeat the purpose of what my intentions was originally was for, transfer money on-line from the U.S. to the Philippines! Won't work with my bank unless I do a wire transfer for $40! I don't think so, I'll just stick to what I've been doing!
yes your right every bank has a fee they are in business to make money, i first tried to set up account at PNB in the USA but still fee from my bank to them, and i know others that do what you do, only differance i transfer every 6 months just under $10,000 same fee $8.50 when i first came i brought just under $10,000 and it last about 6 months, i am in US n ow and when i return will bring under $10,000 in bank check, i just dont like the deposit check and wait for it to clear. i have my transfer in less than an hour, my wife worked for money lender for years, and we are into it in small time i can make 20% on that money that sits for 25 days.