Another Ship Go's Down

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just reading the news and see that another ship sank in the Philippines, this time a cargo vessel carrying bags of cement. One person drowned.There must be a huge death toll over the years from boating tragedies. Makes me feel that I would not travel by sea anywhere but I guess there are no other choices to get to some parts of the Philippines.Anyone had a bad experience traveling by sea? 7_3_205[1].gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Pretty soon you will be able to walk across the ocean from Cebu to Manila on all the boat wrecks that take place here .........

tom_shor
Posted
Posted

I have traveled to Leyte and Biliran by ferry and supercat. No bad experiences so far. For sure it should be done with caution in stormy weather. Maintenance is one of the culprits many of the times. Some people here seem to feel that a peso spent on maintenance is a peso wasted so they do as little as possible. Bad for a structure. Disasterous for a boat in a salt water environment. Overloading is another big problem that contributes to the accidents here as well. Just one more.