Cybersex Den Operators Get Life

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Harsh punishment for something that is done all the time in the PHL, as well as elsewhere in the world, and while I do not agree with running a business such as that and definitely if they hired minors, I think there are far worse things going on in the PHL that never seem to get addressed, so why such a severe sentence for this couple? Show their body or have sex for money, which one is more serious and more dangerous to the women involved.  :SugarwareZ-037:SAN FERNANDO, La Union, Philippines – An American and his Filipino wife were meted life imprisonment for operating a cybersex den here in 2004 and employing minors to pose naked before foreign customers.Judge Victor Concepcion of the Regional Trial Court Branch 66 also ordered the convicts, Clifford Hackett of Colorado, USA, and his Filipina wife, Jacquiline Tendencia-Hackett, to pay a fine of P2 million.The couple and three of their female employees, two of them minors, were caught during a police raid on Nov. 22, 2004 in a rented house at the Country Homes in Barangay Catbangen here where they operated the cybersex den.The story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
Harsh punishment for something that is done all the time in the PHL, as well as elsewhere in the world, and while I do not agree with running a business such as that and definitely if they hired minors, I think there are far worse things going on in the PHL that never seem to get addressed, so why such a severe sentence for this couple?
Yup! Too harsh of a punishment! Should have just been a stiff fine and a 1 yr probation for locals, foreigners should have been deported at once after paying a fine and black listed! 2nd offense, jail time of 6 months to a year! Hey, it's a nonviolent crime! The local police force can do better by going after more serious crimes than this like smuggling, murderers, drug lords, prostitution, political corruption, pollution and down the line etc! Says Me SugarwareZ-037.gifwt-hell.gif Edited by Fil/AmArt

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Only took 6 years to resolve to. I wonder if they were in jail the whole time?I still have to wonder what other factors are involved with this story?

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's the sound that is made when a line is being drawn in the sand. Things are changing. Exploit the underage youth, or engage in pedophile activities and they will destroy you. Those that support or engage in such activities need to find another place to live, this place is now becoming zero tolerant. So to those so inclined, time to run along and find other rocks to hide under. I personally hope they get them all behind bars, because the Philippines will be a much better place without them here.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite