For Art And Others

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Windows Vista and 7 have a built in screen shot of sorts called a snipping tool. To find the snipping tool, one goes to the start menu and then types in snip or snipping in the search box and it will pop up above, and then right click on it and pin it to the start menu or in 7 you can pin it to the tool bar or the start menu. Next, once you have the tool you can click on it while you have something on the screen you wish to get a copy of, and start at the left bottom or right bottom of the item then hold your left mouse down and pull up and then across the item or photo you wish to copy until you have it framed.Then you click save and then name the saved item and pull down the menu below that to what type of format you wish to save it to, jpg, ping or other.That is all and it works like a charm for copying photos off online news sites or blogs or other sites that will not allow you to copy the photo the normal way.Hope that helps all. :)

Braddo
Posted
Posted

Thanks Lee, I have been using something else over the years but this little program is excellent never even new it was on window 7Cheers:emostrongbow:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Strange but I can not find the screen shot or snipping tools features on my Windows Vista Home Basic edition OS under accessories where it suppose to be or anywhere else on my desk top OS, but on my wife's new laptop with Windows 7 it's there under programs and it also has a fax software that I've been looking for a long time! I did read on Google somewhere, that snipping tools or the screen shot feature is not included in the Windows Vista Home Basic edition, except for the Premium edition! There is a Microsoft free download for the snipping tool, but I have't yet been able to download it, because I haven't figured it out yet, it has something to do with"Genuine Windows Validation" and was asking for a key code I did enter it, but nothing happened and it never downloaded! I'm not going to mess around with it for now, maybe some other time!SugarwareZ-037.gifSugarwareZ-034.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Strange but I can not find the screen shot or snipping tools features on my Windows Vista Home Basic edition OS under accessories where it suppose to be or anywhere else on my desk top OS, but on my wife's new laptop with Windows 7 it's there under programs and it also has a fax software that I've been looking for a long time! I did read on Google somewhere, that snipping tools or the screen shot feature is not included in the Windows Vista Home Basic edition, except for the Premium edition! There is a Microsoft free download for the snipping tool, but I have't yet been able to download it, because I haven't figured it out yet, it has something to do with"Genuine Windows Validation" and was asking for a key code I did enter it, but nothing happened and it never downloaded! I'm not going to mess around with it for now, maybe some other time!SugarwareZ-037.gifSugarwareZ-034.gif
My laptop is home basic and it has the snipping tool. Did you type in snip in the search field in the start menu? If so and it did not find it then maybe the Vista sold in other countries is different, that is if you bought it outside the US. If you bought it in the US then I am lost and do not know why yours does not have it.