Phil Hash Bash 2011

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
My son Paul (29) is paying his 2nd visit some 5 years from his last, towards the end of February but only for 3 weeks. He can only manage a maxiumum of 3 weeks off work, so depending on his Flight Bookings, but needs to arrive in Cebu on 2nd March or before as we have already paid for the 3 of us to Join in the Phil Hash Bash 2011 in Bohol on 3/4/5th March.Would be good if he was able to come along to this forums "2011 Philippines Expat Forum Official Get Together"CheersDavid & Sha-Sha (and Paul?)
Hello David,In my opinion, this forum is the best in town. We have a great bunch of guys and girls for you and your family to meet up this coming March. Boss Man (Tom), the owner of this forum will also be at that blow out in Cebu.You know, the last time I ran a Hash House was in Bahrain with a group of US military guys and airline stewardesses.The markers were not that apparent so I promptly got lost. I followed this large group, only to find that they were lostalso. In the end we ended up in someone's apartment and proceeded to get drunk with the ladies. I didn't realize thatthis was a non competitive sport and geared mostly to socializing and meeting new people. Had a great time! Wouldbe interesting if you could tell us a little bit more of that run in Bohol, as well as your other adventures in the Philippines.Welcome aboard sir -- Jake
I moved this over here so we can continue on discussing this topic if members wish to and I would like to hear more about it as well.

Britster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Those who have never joined in a PhilHash, organised by Wild Wolf (Proposition) aka James Lee Valentine have missed something rather Special!I joined in the PhilHash2010, in Boracay, this March, as did my brother Peter, his Filipna fiance, now his asawa, Lilian and a couple of friends from Bahrain, along with many other Hashers from around the World and the Philippines. None of the Cebu Hashers, nor any Dumagute Hashers, other than Mr, Fart and Brillo Pad, however.Did not spot any familiar names of Philippine Hashers for PhilHash Bash 2011, in Bohol next March, on Alona Beach

Welcome to Alona Beach!

Alona Beach is a small stretch of tropical paradise on Panglao Island, Bohol in the Philippines. It is quickly becoming one of the top travel destinations in the Philippines because of its wonderful white sand beach, world class diving and beautiful blue waters. Not to mention its great hash trails.

Alona Beach Hash House Harriers

Alona Beach Hash House Harriers was a short-lived hash that was founded in 2002 by an experienced hashman Manfred "Junkyard" Slowik who was a dive-shop owner far from his native German shores. However ABH3 disbanded soon after starting when Junkyard's dive-shop was burned to the ground in somewhat suspicious circumstances (not by hashers we might add) and he hastily returned to Germany. Alas the motley crew of hashers he left behind were unable to match his enthusiasm for all things hashing and ABH3 died a fast death soon after his departure.

That is until another enthusiastic hashman "Proposition" aka "Wild Wolf" decided Alona Beach, in the province of Bohol (which the hasher's term "Blow Hole"), was worthy of another bash at hashing. So the annual Philippines Hash Bash will host its 2011 world hash event on the pure white sands and verdant green pastures of Alona Beach during early March of next year.

The BeachThe beach at Alona Beach is a beautiful 800m stretch of white sand bordered on both ends by rock walls. You can walk from one end to the other in 15 to 20 minutes. It's a great walk! You will pass by all sorts of restaurants where you can stop in for a cold drink and just enjoy sitting right next to the ocean.

alona-beach-1.jpgalona-beach-2.jpg

Getting to Alona BeachTo get to Alona Beach, you will need to fly to Tagbilaran airport (TAG) or take a fast ferry from Cebu City or Dumaguete which takes around 2 hours. Flights from Manila to Tagbilaran take around one hour.Getting to Alona Beach from Tagbilaran is easy and only 18km away. Just catch a taxi at Tagbilaran airport or seaport. A taxi should not cost you more than P500 --- Wild Wolf recently paid P300 for a new taxi van.Where to Stay in Alona BeachAlona Beach has everything from simple rooms to world-class resorts, depending on your budget. Prices range anywhere from P700-P12,000 per night (US$15-US$250). The great thing about hotels in Alona Beach is that being such a small area, your will never be far from the restaurants or the beach or the hash.Things to do in Alona BeachIn Alona Beach, everything revolves around the beach. There are plenty of beach-side restaurants to stop in for a cold drink and just enjoy relaxing on the beautiful beach.Alona Beach is known as a world-class dive destination. In fact, the first thing you will notice about the place is all the dive boats. There are dozens of them always docked in the water, waiting to take divers/snorkelers out for some underwater adventure.Be sure to to get a massage while you are here. They are cheap and you can have them right on the beach from early morning until late evening.Food and Nightlife in Alona BeachIf you are looking for a crazy nightlife, Alona Beach is not the place. There are better places in the Philippines for exciting nightlife. For the most part, Alona Beach is quiet, and I think most people enjoy this aspect of it. With that said, evenings at Alona Beach are a great time. There are restaurantseverywhere and they will cook you up some of the freshest seafood and bbq you have ever had. If you are looking for a more upbeat evening, you can surely find that too with places like Oops Bar rocking until after midnight.RestaurantsAlona Beach has a variety of great restaurants right on the beach. From Pizza, to Swiss, Italian, Thai or native dishes, there is something here for everyone on any kind of budget. Grilled seafood is the main specialty though.

alona-food-1.jpgalona-food-2.jpgBohol's Chocolate HillsThe Chocolate Hills are the most famous tourist attraction in Bohol, and one of the most famous in the Philippines. They are an amazing group of mound-shaped hills that turn brown during the dry season, hence the "chocolate" name. This is really a must-see while in the Philippines!The hashers attending PI Hash Bash 2011 have the option to go on a hike at the Chocolate Hills on Monday March 7th. This will be an all-day event with early morning transportation from Alona Beach to Tagbilaran to the Chocolate Hills --- and late afternoon or early evening return to Alona Beach.This hike will be a minimum of 15 to 20km or 3 to 4 hours so please only go on the hike if you are capable of long-distance hiking in the HOT Philippines --- remember this will be March which is the hottest and driest month in Philippines. However, all participants of PI Hash Bash 2011 are welcome to join us on the transport from Alona Beach if they want to just see the Chocolate Hills without joining this grueling but fun and slow-paced hike. The cost for the transportation (large buses) will be divided between all participants.chocolate-hills.jpg

REGISTRATION AT PI HASH BASH 2011 IS

LIMITED TO THE FIRST 150 PAID HASHERS!

***At Dec 21, 2010, we have 137 hashers registered***

P3,500 / USD80 --- until December 31, 2010

P4,500 / USD100 --- from January 1, 2011

(only certain hashers will be allowed to join after

#150 at the chief dis-organizer's sole discretion)

Philippines Hash Bash 2011 --- World Hash EventDATEEVENT DETAILS

Fri March 43:00PM --- Transport Leaves Alona Kew Resort for Start of Trail #1Choice of 3 Trails: Runners / Walkers / Old FartsAll-U-Can Eat Buffet Dinner With All-U-Can-Drink Cold Beers11:00PM --- End of Day #1Sat March 53:00PM --- Transport Leaves Alona Kew Resort for Start of Trail #2Choice of 3 Trails: Runners / Walkers / Old FartsAll-U-Can Eat Buffet Dinner With All-U-Can-Drink Cold Beers11:00PM --- End of Day #2Sun March 6

9:00AM --- Start of Trail #3 from Alona Kew Resort

Choice of 2 "Hangover" Trails This Morning: Long / ShortAll-U-Can Eat Buffet Brunch With All-U-Can-Drink Cold Beers

3:00PM --- End of Day #3

Mon March 7

6:00AM --- Transport Leaves Alona Kew Resort for Chocolate Hills Hike

Optional hike at Bohol's famous Chocolate Hills

(participants for this all-day trip pay their own way)

6:00PM --- Arrive at Alona Beach

Seems Wild Wolf might already have persuaded CEBU HHH

to acts as Hash Hosts for PhilHash 2012

Looks like Wild Wolf having a Birthday Bash in Thailand in 2013

WWBB13-Icon.jpg
Hashers registered and paid for both Philippines Hash Bash 2012

in Cebu and the Wild Wolf Birthday Bash 2013 in Phuket by

March 6, 2011 pay just P4,500 / USD100 total for both events...

that's just fifty bucks per event for 7 days of mega hashing fun!!!

Edited by Britster

Britster
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hello David,In my opinion, this forum is the best in town. We have a great bunch of guys and girls for you and your family to meet up this coming March. Boss Man (Tom), the owner of this forum will also be at that blow out in Cebu.You know, the last time I ran a Hash House was in Bahrain with a group of US military guys and airline stewardesses.The markers were not that apparent so I promptly got lost. I followed this large group, only to find that they were lostalso. In the end we ended up in someone's apartment and proceeded to get drunk with the ladies. I didn't realize thatthis was a non competitive sport and geared mostly to socializing and meeting new people. Had a great time! Wouldbe interesting if you could tell us a little bit more of that run in Bohol, as well as your other adventures in the Philippines.Welcome aboard sir -- Jake
Jake, I had the opportunity to start Hashing when I was 21 in Doha Qatar from Nov 1976 - Nov '78 but never followed through and took it up. I should have tried it and would have discovered it more about having FUN and drinking Beer, than doing any serious Running. DOH4_Logo.gif http://www.hasher.net/doha_hash.htm There are those who really do like to Run, and they are called the FRB's (Front Running Bast***s)! The most 'tempting' reason to try it was the guy Bob Bacon, whose wife 'Trish' had gone back to the UK for the hot Summer. Bob was taking Meals @ the Bachelors Mess, to save cooking fo himself. He said over Lunch one time, talking about the Hash Run, that he was amongst the one who just walked / jogged. Bobs wife wife Trish was a bit of a Hotty with a lovely Bo**y, so I very nearly joined Doha HHH, just to check her out wearing Hot Pants, jogging along some desert track in front of me!As was not aware of any 'Hashing' in Sanaa, North Yemen, but @ 7,500 feet above Sea Level, it might not be advised to go running around the countryside until you have been there a while to get used to the altitude? I was there 1979-1980, so that was 30 Years agoSana'a HHHSana'a Highest Hash House Harriers (i.e. SH4) - Sana'a Highest Hash House Harriers (i.e. SH4) - The Highest claim is based on a weekly (i.e. average) starting altitude of 7500 feet/2300 metres but SH4 also used to have an annual run to the top of Jebel An Nuabi Shuub at 12,996 feet.Ursula Dreibholzhas been Hashing here over 20 years with no end in sight (so looks like it did not form until 10 years after I was there?)www.hasher.net/sana.htmFYI: The Addis Hash, the highestHash in Africa (2500 m.), runs every Saturday afternoon, rain or shine. Addis Hash @ 8,125 feet is higher Hash than Sanaa (but not as High a Hash Run than the SH4 annual run to the top of Jebel An Nuabi Shuub at 12,996 feet. ) I was in Bahrain for 3.5 Years from 1982 to 1985 but did not get into 'Hashing' at that time either. murraqi.gifhttp://www.bahrainhash.com/homepage.jpg?type=snhttp://sports.groups...hrainBlackHash/

024 --- David Whittall --- Mr. Fart

025 --- Sha-Sha Whittall --- Brillo Pad

100 --- Paul Whittall --- Pubic Plucker This is my Son Paul

115 --- Ana-Katrina --- Text Tickler This is Sha-Sha's daughter, but not sure if she will be joining in
(as she has the Baby to look after)

040 --- Dave Hughes --- Nancy Boy This couple are from Bahrain 'Black Hash' and friends of my Brother Peter,

041 --- Mrs Hughes --- Fishy Fingers
and were both on the
PhilHash 2010
in
Boracay
back in
March
this year.

The only other Hashers I know, are the ones from Boracay2010 Hash that signed up for the Bohol2011 PhilHash Bash.I do not see any Cebu Hash House Harriers names, nor any Dumaguete Hash House Harriers either. homepage.jpg?type=snpost-1236-0-40966500-1292943750_thumb.jp http://pinoybuy.com/.../directory.html ................................................................dumaguete_hashWant to know what other Hash House Harriers exist in the Philippine Islands?

Angeles Beach Hash House Harriers

Men Only Hash. Runs Saturday 4.00PM once a month

HOTLINE: (045) 8920250

Angeles City Hash House Harriers

Mixed Hash runs Sunday Nov-Apr 3.00pm, May-Oct 4.00pm

HOTLINE: (045) 8920250

Cebu Hash House Harriers

Family Hash. Runs every Saturday

Dumaguete H3

Family Hash runs once or twice a month

La Union Hash House Harriers

Family Hash Runs every Saturday 3.00pm

Manila Hash House Harriers

Men Only Hash. Runs Monday 6.00pm sharp

Makati Metro Manila H3

Runs Sunday 4.30pm. Family Hash All Welcome

Mt. Arayat Hash House Harriers

www.angeles-hash.comHOTLINE (045) 8920250

Puerto Galera Hash House Harriers

Mixed Hash. Runs Saturday 3.30pm

Subic Hash House Harriers

Mixed Hash. Runs Monday 4.00pm

Wolfpack Hash

Hunts several times a year

South of Edsa H3

Men and women. Tuesday 6.30pm

Mixed Hash. Runs Thursday, around 5-6 hours

Edited by Britster

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I've been asking about a good, safe (from cars, etc) place to run in Cebu City and have never received an answer so I'll try HHH when I'm there next. Treadmills don't do it for me. Less pollution though. Thanks for the information.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I've been asking about a good, safe (from cars, etc) place to run in Cebu City and have never received an answer so I'll try HHH when I'm there next. Treadmills don't do it for me. Less pollution though. Thanks for the information.
As a current Cebu hasher I want to point out that our group is aging a bit and slowing down. Most of the current hashers are more into walking than running BUT, there are a few who will run with you. I mention this because some readers may think they are not fit enough to run with the hash.So if you can walk about 5 or 6 kilometers in an hour and a half then you can do the hash. The thing that puts some people off is the amount of beer that is drunk AFTER the hash. Personally, I am on some medication which prohibits me from drinking for a couple months so I can attest that it is still enjoyable when you are not sharing in a few beers, but if you enjoy a beer after a bit of a walk then it is definitely for you.Entrance fee is 300 pesos for men, 150 for ladies. All family members are welcome. All the water, beer, or soft drinks that you need are provided. Meeting place is Sand Trap in Banilad at 2:30 on Saturday (except Christmas day).Almost everyone is welcome.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
As a current Cebu hasher I want to point out that our group is aging a bit and slowing down. Most of the current hashers are more into walking than running BUT, there are a few who will run with you. I mention this because some readers may think they are not fit enough to run with the hash.So if you can walk about 5 or 6 kilometers in an hour and a half then you can do the hash. The thing that puts some people off is the amount of beer that is drunk AFTER the hash. Personally, I am on some medication which prohibits me from drinking for a couple months so I can attest that it is still enjoyable when you are not sharing in a few beers, but if you enjoy a beer after a bit of a walk then it is definitely for you.Entrance fee is 300 pesos for men, 150 for ladies. All family members are welcome. All the water, beer, or soft drinks that you need are provided. Meeting place is Sand Trap in Banilad at 2:30 on Saturday (except Christmas day).Almost everyone is welcome.
I'm aging a bit and slowing down too so I should fit right in. 5 or 6 km (3-4 miles) is a good distance and a beer after jogging is my MO. Thanks for the info, looking forward to it.