Postage Costs

brock
Posted
Posted

I have just bought my wife a camera, and it seems as though it will cost me about 90 pounds to send it from England to Cebu, That seems very expensive to me, anybody got any idea`s ?Regards Brock.MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I have just bought my wife a camera, and it seems as though it will cost me about 90 pounds to send it from England to Cebu, That seems very expensive to me, anybody got any idea`s ?Regards Brock.MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.
Mail would be much cheaper but the thieves at the Manila international postal center will take it. Will your local Balikbayan shipper take a small box at a reduced price? I know they will take larger boxes never thought to ask if they take small ones too.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Been there, done that long ago, but I don't bother anymore with shipping Balikbayan boxes from the U.S. or use local postage, because one can almost buy whatever one needs here in the Philippines! We're pretty much used to what the local economy has to offer because we live where everything is centrally located!

brock
Posted
Posted

90 pounds is by normal post, not balikbayan box

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Perhaps send the camera to me in Australia,I will take a heap of pictures then forward the pictures to your wife which should be cheaper than sending the camera.Problem solved,NO,lollaugh.gifSorry but I'm no help to you.Merry Christmas too. santa3.gif

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
90 pounds is by normal post, not balikbayan box
OUCH! Normal post for a camera from UK to Philippines is 90 Pounds! I was thinking it was for FedEx three day or something.Brock my sugestion was to ask the Balikbayan people if they would ship a small box for less money. It would take six plus weeks but perhaps you could save a few $$$.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I do not know if it would be less much expensive to ship it to the US, but if it is then we would be willing to bring it with us when we go to Cebu in Feb if it is one of those small ones. Sorry I wish I had a better answer to your actual question but have you checked with FedEx or DHL? I used them in the past and they were about one third of what you quoted but that was from the US and that was a few years ago, so things probably cost more now, and I am told the UK is more expensive to do almost anything by some of my friends who split their time between there and here, so that might not help either.

brock
Posted
Posted
I do not know if it would be less much expensive to ship it to the US, but if it is then we would be willing to bring it with us when we go to Cebu in Feb if it is one of those small ones. Sorry I wish I had a better answer to your actual question but have you checked with FedEx or DHL? I used them in the past and they were about one third of what you quoted but that was from the US and that was a few years ago, so things probably cost more now, and I am told the UK is more expensive to do almost anything by some of my friends who split their time between there and here, so that might not help either.
Thanks Lee. But it is a Sony f828, so it is quite big, I have checked Fedex, and they are cheaper, just wondering about customs duty now and what that will finish up costing me, So I think maybe the best way to go is with the balikbayan box, Thankyou anyway for the offer.Tom, very good idea, I never thought of that...but I dont think the wife would be too happy :D