Noy To Solgen: Stop Garcia Plea Bargain

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Should the president interfere? Does he even have the power to interfere when it seems the supreme court and most of those in power were put there by the former president. When I read things such as this, then I have to wonder what this general knows that some powerful people do not wish to get out? Returning 135 million of 300 million seems strange to me, so where did all the rest of the money go? Did they over estimate what he took? Could it be that Garcia was just a bag man for someone much higher up? Something in all this smells very fishy. What do you all think about all this? Is there even any hope left for a country that allows something like this to happen? To me it seems the whole world has gone mad.

“That plea bargain is a big blow to the morale of the soldiers. This offer of returning P135 million of the P300 million is a tacit admission that plunder was committed,” Biazon said.
The complete story HERE

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Should the president interfere? Does he even have the power to interfere when it seems the supreme court and most of those in power were put there by the former president. When I read things such as this, then I have to wonder what this general knows that some powerful people do not wish to get out? Returning 135 million of 300 million seems strange to me, so where did all the rest of the money go? Did they over estimate what he took? Could it be that Garcia was just a bag man for someone much higher up? Something in all this smells very fishy. What do you all think about all this? Is there even any hope left for a country that allows something like this to happen? To me it seems the whole world has gone mad.
“That plea bargain is a big blow to the morale of the soldiers. This offer of returning P135 million of the P300 million is a tacit admission that plunder was committed,” Biazon said.
The complete story HERE
There is always hope. I don't think there is the will to change in Filipinos yet. Sadly corruption is endemic and so entrenched it will take generations to overcome or perhaps a benevolent dictator will seize power however unlikely that would be.

Tom in Texas
Posted
Posted
... Returning 135 million of 300 million seems strange to me, so where did all the rest of the money go? ... Is there even any hope left for a country that allows something like this to happen? To me it seems the whole world has gone mad.
Sure, there is hope -- stolen money can invigorate your pool of political candidates. ------>>>>> cheersty.gif "now that I'm rich on stolen money, think I'll run for office."Case in point -- In 1997, investigators from the FBI, the IRS and the Dept of HHS, raided and served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso... following which the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced their Chairman/CEO to resign... along with a "goodbye and shut-up" present of $9.88 million in cash and $350 million in stock.In 2002, with respect to claims for billions of dollars in fraudulent Medicare billing -- Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and paid the US gov $631 million. The former Chairman/CEO got to keep his $360 million.In 2010, the former Chairman/CEO used $78 million of that money to self-finance his own political campaign, against his candidate who raised $28 million.Congratulations to former Chairman/CEO Rick Scott, the newly elected Governor of Florida. If there is hope for USA, maybe there is hope for the PH. smile.gifsmile.gif

Jake
Posted
Posted
... Returning 135 million of 300 million seems strange to me, so where did all the rest of the money go? ... Is there even any hope left for a country that allows something like this to happen? To me it seems the whole world has gone mad.
Sure, there is hope -- stolen money can invigorate your pool of political candidates. ------>>>>> cheersty.gif "now that I'm rich on stolen money, think I'll run for office."Case in point -- In 1997, investigators from the FBI, the IRS and the Dept of HHS, raided and served search warrants at Columbia/HCA facilities in El Paso... following which the Columbia/HCA board of directors forced their Chairman/CEO to resign... along with a "goodbye and shut-up" present of $9.88 million in cash and $350 million in stock.In 2002, with respect to claims for billions of dollars in fraudulent Medicare billing -- Columbia/HCA plead guilty to 14 felonies and paid the US gov $631 million. The former Chairman/CEO got to keep his $360 million.In 2010, the former Chairman/CEO used $78 million of that money to self-finance his own political campaign, against his candidate who raised $28 million.Congratulations to former Chairman/CEO Rick Scott, the newly elected Governor of Florida. If there is hope for USA, maybe there is hope for the PH. smile.gifsmile.gif
C E O is the new three letter word. Upon termination from their lucrative position, they're crying all the way to their luxurious yachts drinking $50 champagne instead of a $200 bottle. Poor thing, maybe they should seek redemption by becoming a politician to clean out their soul.Jake