Glorietta Prober Has 'smoking Gun' In Blast

Travis
Posted
Posted

Maybe I am niave but why would the Phils want to cover up that it was a bomb but it seems like they have & probably killed off this guy too? Glorietta prober has 'smoking gun' in blast MANILA, Philippines―Is it the “smoking gun” in the 2007 explosion at Glorietta 2 mall in Makati City?The Inquirer has obtained a copy of the video testimony of retired Col. Allan Sollano showing what appears to be a timing fuse or wick used to detonate explosive devices.Sollano said he found the fuse—which would back his claim that the explosion was caused by a bomb and not by a gas buildup, as the official investigation had claimed—at the blast site.The retired colonel led an explosives and ordnance unit of the Army that was one of the first to arrive at the scene of the explosion on Oct. 19, 2007, which killed 11 persons and injured 108 others.Sollano told the Inquirer last October that he still believed the mall was bombed and that there was a cover-up. He called for a reinvestigation.The Department of Justice (DoJ) has since undertaken a fresh inquiry. But Sollano went missing a day before the Nov. 30 hearing at the DoJ.Under surveillance Sollano's testimony is composed of three short videos taken with a cell phone and given to the Inquirer by his lawyers. It was made after his October interview and before his disappearance.In one video, wearing a black shirt and a pained expression, he said he decided to record his testimony because he did not know what would result from his revelations.“To the Filipino people, I am talking now because I don't know what will happen to me. I am under surveillance. I have felt it. Whatever happens to me, you will see the real evidence that Glorietta was bombed,” he said.In another video, Sollano is shown holding up a black rope-like strand of what appears to be the fuse. “To investigators who studied explosive ordnance, you know what this is,” he said holding it up.He said he had hidden the evidence because he did not want it to fall into the hands of investigators. “I don't trust them. Baka malibing ito sa limot, o itago ito (it might be forgotten, or hidden).”He said the evidence in his possession was enough to prove his claim that the mall was bombed.2 explosions In October 2007, investigators said there were actually two explosions—one at the delivery area of Luk Yuen restaurant on the left side of the Glorietta entrance and, seconds later, a smaller one at the right side of the entrance.Then Chief Insp. Grace Eustaquio said traces of RDX – the main ingredient of the C4 military explosive – were found at the site.But Director Geary Barias, then chief of the Metro Manila police, quoted investigators as saying that the blast occurred in the mall basement, raising the possibility that it was accidental.Investigators said fumes might have leaked from a diesel fuel tank, or methane gas from a septic tank, and were ignited in the tightly-enclosed concrete basement.On Oct. 30, 2007, citing a “preponderance” of evidence, then Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Avelino Razon pronounced it an accidental gas explosion.On Jan. 10, 2008, the PNP released its final report – that the explosion was caused, not by a bomb or a terrorist attack, but by two gas explosions caused by the ignition of toxic gases in the mall basement. The report said the RDX found at the site was too “insignificant” to matter.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Maybe I am niave but why would the Phils want to cover up that it was a bomb but it seems like they have & probably killed off this guy too? Glorietta prober has 'smoking gun' in blast MANILA, Philippines―Is it the “smoking gun” in the 2007 explosion at Glorietta 2 mall in Makati City?The Inquirer has obtained a copy of the video testimony of retired Col. Allan Sollano showing what appears to be a timing fuse or wick used to detonate explosive devices.Sollano said he found the fuse—which would back his claim that the explosion was caused by a bomb and not by a gas buildup, as the official investigation had claimed—at the blast site.The retired colonel led an explosives and ordnance unit of the Army that was one of the first to arrive at the scene of the explosion on Oct. 19, 2007, which killed 11 persons and injured 108 others.Sollano told the Inquirer last October that he still believed the mall was bombed and that there was a cover-up. He called for a reinvestigation.The Department of Justice (DoJ) has since undertaken a fresh inquiry. But Sollano went missing a day before the Nov. 30 hearing at the DoJ.Under surveillance Sollano's testimony is composed of three short videos taken with a cell phone and given to the Inquirer by his lawyers. It was made after his October interview and before his disappearance.In one video, wearing a black shirt and a pained expression, he said he decided to record his testimony because he did not know what would result from his revelations.“To the Filipino people, I am talking now because I don't know what will happen to me. I am under surveillance. I have felt it. Whatever happens to me, you will see the real evidence that Glorietta was bombed,” he said.In another video, Sollano is shown holding up a black rope-like strand of what appears to be the fuse. “To investigators who studied explosive ordnance, you know what this is,” he said holding it up.He said he had hidden the evidence because he did not want it to fall into the hands of investigators. “I don't trust them. Baka malibing ito sa limot, o itago ito (it might be forgotten, or hidden).”He said the evidence in his possession was enough to prove his claim that the mall was bombed.2 explosions In October 2007, investigators said there were actually two explosions—one at the delivery area of Luk Yuen restaurant on the left side of the Glorietta entrance and, seconds later, a smaller one at the right side of the entrance.Then Chief Insp. Grace Eustaquio said traces of RDX – the main ingredient of the C4 military explosive – were found at the site.But Director Geary Barias, then chief of the Metro Manila police, quoted investigators as saying that the blast occurred in the mall basement, raising the possibility that it was accidental.Investigators said fumes might have leaked from a diesel fuel tank, or methane gas from a septic tank, and were ignited in the tightly-enclosed concrete basement.On Oct. 30, 2007, citing a “preponderance” of evidence, then Philippine National Police (PNP) Director General Avelino Razon pronounced it an accidental gas explosion.On Jan. 10, 2008, the PNP released its final report – that the explosion was caused, not by a bomb or a terrorist attack, but by two gas explosions caused by the ignition of toxic gases in the mall basement. The report said the RDX found at the site was too “insignificant” to matter.
If I remember correctly, Australia and possibly American bomb experts investigated the cause of the explosion.They concluded it was not a bomb, so if its a cover up how did they cover up the international experts investigation?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Found the bit of info I was looking for.

The explosion was likely caused by a mixture of gases in the basement, possibly from a malfunctioning septic tank or a diesel tank, the police official said. Barias said police and foreign investigators agreed the explosion was not caused by a bomb and cited a report by the Australian Federal Police team that helped investigate the blast. The Australian team, which has since left the country, concluded that there was "no evidence to suggest that the explosion had been caused or initiated by an improvised explosive device," said Barias. The Australians ended their investigation after concluding it was not an act of terrorism, he added.
Full Story http://archive.thepe...414/107492.html