Where Are The Best Places To Shop In Pi ???

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

My wife and I have found that a lot of prices are much lower in Manila than in Cebu on some items like appliances and clothing. I guess that is because most items probably get shipped to Manila first or are made in Luzon and then get sent around the rest of the Philippines, does anyone else have an ideas why or have found the same thing? :1 (235): Examples were shirts I bought for myself and pants and underwear my wife bought for herself. When we were buying appliances for our condo, I also noticed that most of the appliances were less expensive in SM in Glorietta in Manila and they had a much better selection than in SM Cebu, but buying them and shipping them would have ended up costing us more. :welcome: Why is that? :1 (235): Another thing I noticed is there is a better selection in Manila than in Cebu or CDO and that really upset me and I sure hope a store like a super Walmart opens in Cebu and other parts of the Philippines one day soon. :( There is also a Costco like place in Manila, sorry I forgot the name can anyone help me with it? :1 (235): that actually gives quantity discounts and has better prices than White Gold or Macro in Cebu and I am wondering if there are other great stores like that in other parts of the Philippines that I have not been to or have been built recently in places we have not been back to in a year or so? :1 (235): Any answers would be greatly appreciated. :th_thanx:

• Like 1

Mik
Posted
Posted

I think you are correct about much of the merchandise entering the country through Manila. Most nationwide businesses here probably have their main office in Manila. I suspect there is less competition in Cebu and so they can charge a little more?