"bunker Down" For Christmas Or New Years?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

What if any precautions do you take during the Christmas and New Year barrage?:541:From Sun Star Manila;“The total injuries recorded in 2009, 990 were caused by fireworks while 45 were due to stray bullets.” This may have been the whole country not just Manila.

Edited by Old55

Jake
Posted
Posted
What if any precautions do you take during the Christmas and New Year barrage?:541:From Sun Star Manila;“The total injuries recorded in 2009, 990 were caused by fireworks while 45 were due to stray bullets.” This may have been the whole country not just Manila.
http://www.philippin...indpost&p=29009Hey Old55,The above link touched on that very subject. Under the new administration and the PNP trying to clean up its actafter so many screw-ups earlier this year, hopefully the numbers would go down. Respectfully -- Jake

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

What i do personally for new year is stay off the streets in the hours leading up to midnight and make sure I am undercover at midnight.This is because, in my experience, people are shooting fireworks along the streets in the hours leading up to midnight. Then at midnights, it is like a warzone.Regards: Jim

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
This is because, in my experience, people are shooting fireworks along the streets in the hours leading up to midnight. Then at midnights, it is like a warzone.
That reminds me of my experience last year in Cebu. I was driving home after a New Years Party at about 1 am and I had my windows open. Some local lads lit firecrackers and tried to toss them into the open windows of my moving car. Luckily they miscalculated.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

After living here for 12 yrs straight in our subdivision, we've learned to stay indoors at midnight on New Year's Eve when the fireworks goes off with a big bang! I'm not just talking about little thousand strands of Chinese fire crackers, Roman candles or hand held sparklers! I'm talking about your heavy duty rocket bombs in the sky! th_thholysheep.gif1%20(72).gif it's like the night sky over Bagdad during the U.S. air assault on Iraq!

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The one good thing IMO about the poor US economy is that there are less non professional fireworks during the 4th of July and the new year. I have had some pretty big explosions happen right on the roof of my home in past years, when some of those rockets or aerial bombs did not make it up into the air and instead landed on the roof of my home and others. Fireworks are dangerous in anyones hands but seem much more dangerous in the Philippines, and I am guessing it is because of all the excessive drinking of some who decide to play with them or that they are poorly made due to lower salaries of those making them. So I have to wonder, that with such a poor economy and low salaries in the PHL, where are they getting the extra money to spend on fireworks?