P40 Flag Down Rate For Taxis Starting Jan 15Th 2011

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Yet one more thing which will raise the cost of living in the PHL because jeepneys are sure to follow with fuel prices rising. I do not begrudge them raising their prices and I am just stating the reality of it all. The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) announced that starting Jan. 15, the flagdown rate of taxicabs would be P40 from the previous P30.The new flagdown rate would cover taxicabs nationwide, except for taxis in Baguio City.Lawyer Manuel Iway, LTFRB board member, explained that the taxicabs in Baguio City are not covered by the new P40 flagdown rate because of an existing petition by a group of local operators there that had asked for a new flagdown rate of P30 from the existing P25.The complete story HERE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

"Iway said there would also be a new rate of P3.50 for the succeeding 300 meters. The present rate is P2.50."The flag rate is not a big deal for me. I will just reduce my tip if I feel I am getting gouged. Its the fare per kilometer that worries me. How high will that go? I generally do not bother with taxis unless I am going 6 kilometers or more.

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The new fare has been not much of an increase,As i live here in Sta rosa, previous fare was 350 to edsa/shaw from here,now its about 500 (roughly 40km)Short fares when in manila have increased about 15 to 25 php

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The new fare has been not much of an increase,As i live here in Sta rosa, previous fare was 350 to edsa/shaw from here,now its about 500 (roughly 40km)Short fares when in manila have increased about 15 to 25 php
So that's about $3.40 US dollars per trip more, depends on how many trips you make as it adds up. And I guess add another $3.40 for return.