Bir To Get 10% From Taxi Sales

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So who wants to take bets on how hard it is going to be to get taxi drivers to flag down once this starts? My guess is that there is going to be a lot of drivers who will ask set amounts when passengers go to set places from where taxis will park and wait for passengers. I wonder how this will play out? So the govt giveth and now taketh away.THE Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) will collect 10 percent tax from the gross receipts of all taxicab units beginning Jan. 15.The taxicabs will also start using metering machines that will issue the receipts.“That’s the purpose of this new tax revenue measure: to increase the tax payments of taxi operators. Hopefully, every passenger will demand a receipt so that the government will have additional revenue (from the transport industry),” said Bel Suelto Jr., head of BIR 13 taxpayer’s section.In an earlier interview, Cabucos said they lobbied with the LTFRB in Manila to approve the taxi fare rate increase from P30 to P40 as flagdown rate and from P2.50 to P3.50 per succeeding kilometer or per two minutes waiting time.BIR to get 10% from taxi sales, the complete story HERE

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Are there any toll booths in Cebu? Effective 1st of January all toll booths in Northern Luzon has gone up! Just today we drove on the freeway about 3 miles and went through only one toll booth, it went from P2 to P6. Just imagine what the skyway into the city are charging now! Anyone know? I don't drive in that part of the city! th_thholysheep.gifSugarwareZ-034.gif

Travis
Posted
Posted
Are there any toll booths in Cebu? Effective 1st of January all toll booths in Northern Luzon has gone up! Just today we drove on the freeway about 3 miles and went through only one toll booth, it went from P2 to P6. Just imagine what the skyway into the city are charging now! Anyone know? I don't drive in that part of the city! th_thholysheep.gifSugarwareZ-034.gif
no tolls anywhere in Cebu that I know of or saw during my travels around the island