Expat Community In Cebu

chickenhotpack
Posted
Posted

Hi there, I have some questions in relation to (as you can tell from the topic title) the size, growth, location etc etc of the Cebu Expat community. * Where do most Cebu Expats live and work? Cebu City i presume.....?* In what industries are most Expats to Cebu working in?* What are the prominent top 5 nationalities of Cebu Expats?* Can you see any noticable growth in the amounts of Expats living and Cebu? If yes why do you think it is happening?* What are the top 2 most prominant growth industries in Cebu? e.g. Tourism/Hospitality? IT? Telcommuncations, Real Estate?If anyone can help if give input I would be most grateful.Thanks :-)Paul

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

This is a thought provoking topic. I am happy to give my thoughts on it but I wonder . . . why do you ask?

Hi there, I have some questions in relation to (as you can tell from the topic title) the size, growth, location etc etc of the Cebu Expat community. * Where do most Cebu Expats live and work? Cebu City i presume.....? . . . I can think of nowhere in and around the Cebu metropolitan area where I have not come across lots of western expats.* In what industries are most Expats to Cebu working in?. . . The only industry I can think of where I do not know a western expat to be involved is politics.* What are the prominent top 5 nationalities of Cebu Expats?. . . I socialize with a reasonable number of western Expats so, not including asians, arabs, etc. I would say Australians, then Americans, then Brits, then Canadians, then Germans, followed by every other country you can think of.* Can you see any noticable growth in the amounts of Expats living and Cebu? If yes why do you think it is happening?. . . My estimate is that the number of western expats living in and around Cebu has at the very least doubled in the last 3 years. I think it is happening because of the explosion of the myth of cheap city living and loving girls. I say myth because I find the cost of living has gone up 10 per cent per year in the last 3 years and shows no sign of letting up, and the loving girls are available, but I see the number of girls who 'sell' their love as 10 to 1 over the girls looking for a loving relationship.* What are the top 2 most prominant growth industries in Cebu? e.g. Tourism/Hospitality? IT? Telcommuncations, Real Estate?. . . a fascinating question. Cebu is definitely a growing city but I see nothing exceptional fueling the growth except the influx of western expats and OFW money.If anyone can help if give input I would be most grateful.Thanks :-)Paul

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hi there, I have some questions in relation to (as you can tell from the topic title) the size, growth, location etc etc of the Cebu Expat community. * Where do most Cebu Expats live and work? Cebu City i presume.....?* In what industries are most Expats to Cebu working in?* What are the prominent top 5 nationalities of Cebu Expats?* Can you see any noticable growth in the amounts of Expats living and Cebu? If yes why do you think it is happening?* What are the top 2 most prominant growth industries in Cebu? e.g. Tourism/Hospitality? IT? Telcommuncations, Real Estate?If anyone can help if give input I would be most grateful.Thanks :-)Paul
Welcome to the forum. :541: I too am curious why you ask those questions and my guess is that Angeles City would have the largest expat community in the PHL but the community in Cebu is growing quickly, yet spread out and not located in any one area that I could put my finger on. As for your other questions, Dave seems to have answered them better than I could, so no sense in duplication by me. Please give us a better idea of why you are doing your research and possibly our members can better direct our answers in that direction, but I am guessing that it has something to do with your forum name, so please be careful not to advertise without the permission of the owner of this forum Tom (Boss Man) or a paid membership. Edited by Mr. Lee
add content