Home Schooling In Philippines?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Living in Philippines a qualified teacher could be easily had to teach children at home. Have any members had their children home schooled in that way? We know of two very good K-10 schools in Cebu City and a few in Manila but outside of those areas it is difficult to find proper education as far as I know.

ekimswish
Posted
Posted

No advice with schools here, but I was home schooled a bit in Indonesia for grade 3. In the morning we went to a house where some mothers of expats supervised and helped us doing our assignments from our various overseas correspondence courses, and in the afternoon, studied at home with my mom, who was a teacher. I learned way more math that year with my mom than my Canadian classmates, and when we returned, I never had a problem with math after that.

• 2 months later...
Brucewayne
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are a U.S. citizen, you can take advantage of online classes and home school in between.I recommend a public school in Florida as their system is rated as one of the highest in the U.S. and I have read that they do participate in the program for out of country students.

Edited by Brucewayne

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
If you are a U.S. citizen, you can take advantage of online classes and home school in between.I recommend a public school in Florida as their system is rated as one of the highest in the U.S. and I have read that they do participate in the program for out of country students.
Good info, thanks.