Hans Rosling's 200 Countries, 200 Years, 4 Minutes

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Interesting visual of how countries have progressed in health and wealth. I wonder where the PHL is in all the bubbles?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Very interesting indeed! Given more time with no wars and pandemic diseases, the trend seems to be that most countries will migrate towards the "healthy, wealthy corner". It is my sincere hope that within our lifetime, alternative fuel technology (green power) will also assist Mother Nature to continue to support our ever growing population. Hold on now -- reality check......not going to happen. In the not too distant future, our children will inherit our problems and Mother Nature will burn everyone of us down to molecules of dust. My only wish that I would have enough time to bend over and kiss my ass good-bye!In the meantime -- with my companion by my side, watching the sunset ..... as well as the sunrise.Jake and Judy

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

Looked and sound gibberish to me, he just explained and showed a 200 yr trend in 4 minutes, but not as to how and why! There are other factors that wasn't mentioned how other countries didn't prosper, like governmental rule, politics, religion and geographical location which makes a big difference in a country's development from being a country of the sick and poor or the rich and healthy! OK, what do one expect in 4 minutes? I know I went from sick and poor to healthy, but don't know about the rich wealthy part event though now by Filipino standards, we are considered millionaires! So, I guess we are healthy and have wealth, only in the Philippines that is!