What Have You Learned Since Getting Involved

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I know I have learned so much about Filipinas, Filipinos and their customs, and all around general info of their country since getting married and I continue to learn all the time, so I thought this might be a good subject to share with readers who may not know what they are getting themselves into. One simple example I can give that I learned way after, is that when I started talking to my wife on the phone and exchanging letters about 20 years ago, I had no idea that it would take me a day and a half to get to where she worked and lived in Cagayan de Oro and then another 4.5 hours by bus to get to where most of her family lived. Now might that have changed my mind about pursuing her, I really cannot say, but once I was hooked it would have been impossible for me to give her up. There are many other things but I am curious to read what others have to say about this?

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
.....but once I was hooked it would have been impossible for me to give her up.
That one key statement above says it all. My planned trip to Manila, which was diverted to Japan at the last minutewas to say at least very costly and downright scary for both of us. But in the end, when I saw her tears as we prayedtogether to escape the Yakuza was worth every dime. The link below tells that story of my broken Angel.http://www.philippin...indpost&p=27675Respectfully -- Jake Edited by Jake

• 2 months later...
Married Kano
Posted
Posted (edited)

.....but once I was hooked it would have been impossible for me to give her up.
That one key statement above says it all. My planned trip to Manila, which was diverted to Japan at the last minutewas to say at least very costly and downright scary for both of us. But in the end, when I saw her tears as we prayedtogether to escape the Yakuza was worth every dime. The link below tells that story of my broken Angel.http://www.philippin...indpost&p=27675Respectfully -- Jake
Well, I met the sweet girl that was to become my wife back in 1996 on my very first trip to the Philippines. A wonderful experience for both of us. I had never been to the Philippines before or known a Filipina and she had never had a serious boyfriend in her 34 years of life. A loving and gentle learning experience for us both as we spent the next seven years visiting by only phone, emails, and the popular Yahoo messenger. Now, we have been married for eight wonderful years. What would I do differently if given the chance? For me it's a simple answer. I would have met and married my wonderful wife years earlier in life so that we could spend more years togather. Filipina women for the most part in my opinion make a wife far superior to anyone else. There are though, some men who come to the Philippines and in a a spirit of arrogance, think they are better and superior than women and treat them in horrible ways. They do not seem to realize that they would not exist but for the mother that gave them birth. The women in our lives are creatures endowed with special qualities to love, understand, care for, and comfort. My sweet wife is more than just a woman. She is an angel sent to bless my life in countless ways and gives me cause for eternal joy every day as I walk through life with her in this most unique new country that I call home. How thankful I am, how thankful we all must be for the women in our lives. Gene... Edited by Boss Man
move text to below quote tags

Jake
Posted
Posted

Thank you Gene for your story of terms of endearment. Reading Lee's original post again gave me comfortthat we are all very grateful to pursue the matters of the heart. Lee's arduous journey, my diverted plans toJapan and your very first adventure into the unknown -- it can all be summed up with:"How thankful I am, how thankful we all must be for the women in our lives".Respectfully -- Jake