Number Of Foreigners Now Staying In The Phl

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am confused by the number since when I add them up then I come out with 160,696 (maybe I am adding wrong 89.gif ) and when you add the immigrant and non immigrant visas then it comes out to 189146, so why the discrepancy and surely there are more foreigners staying in the PHL than that? It seems like their numbers are low to me? 89.gif Could there be that many more just in the first 10 days of the year? and if so then they are off to an even bigger year than last. :unsure: Chinese citizens have topped the list of foreigners now staying in the Philippines, with their numbers rising to more than double in 2010 compared to the previous year, according to the Bureau of Immigration (BI).The increase reflects the growing social, economic, and political relations between the Philippines and mainland China, BI officer-in-charge Ronaldo Ledesma said in a press statement on Tuesday.Ledesma said the number of Chinese citizens registered with the bureau reached 61,372 last year compared to the 30,809 in 2009.He noted an increase despite the Manila hostage-taking incident last year that claimed the lives of 8 Hong Kong tourists.South Koreans placed second on the list. Their numbers increased from 24,876 in 2009 to 28,090 in 2010.Other foreigners in the top 10 list are Americans at 24,909; followed by Indians at 23,317; Japanese, 8,931; British, 4,781; Taiwanese, 3,640; Iranians, 3,260; Germans, 2,965; and Australians, 2,645.BI data showed that as of January 10 this year, there are 90,413 and 98,733 foreigners who hold of immigrant and non-immigrant visas in the country, respectively.The rest of the story HERE