Visas To Australia

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

I hear it is extremely difficult for Philippine nationals to get tourist visas to Australia.....that is for those who don't already have family there.Why is this so?Is it a possibilty and what are requirements?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I hear it is extremely difficult for Philippine nationals to get tourist visas to Australia.....that is for those who don't already have family there.Why is this so?Is it a possibilty and what are requirements?
From memory the Filipino applicant must prove the following.A reason to return to the Philippines,this is proof a job,ownership of a business.A full list of family members.Proof of home ownership or living situation.Return tickets.Proof of enough money for their intended stay.Medical or travel insurance as they are not covered by our system.I believe its not that easy even if they have family here,the reason for strict border control from Filipino nationals is the high risk of absconding once in the country. Since they are coming from a third world country its obvious that some wont want to return.Chances of most applicants are about nil even with proof of some one supporting them while here.

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Thanks Boss...have recently discovered one can give an 'affidavit of support' to help an application....I'll contact Oz immigration 2 morrow

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Thanks Boss...have recently discovered one can give an 'affidavit of support' to help an application....I'll contact Oz immigration 2 morrow
Your support is meaningless if the Filipino has no incentive to return.the only 2 cases I know where no incentive to return was waived was 1. The Mayor where the Australian lived, supported the application.2. I met a man who says he was up front and honest with Australian Immigration. Explained that he wanted his girfriend to visit to make sure they were compatible before going to the the Philippines to marry.Regards; Jim