Ace Cargo: Another Balikbayan Box Scam?

URGIRL
Posted
Posted

i just saw in abs cbn the news tonight and Ace cargo in trouble and i goggle it there are lots of complained.. well in case anyone have the same problem by not receiving there box/boxes there's one person says there the steps to do so....Excel said... Please follow this instruction.. You can file a complaint against this company but before doing so please be advised that we require certain information and documentation. The Office of Consumer Affairs and Dispute Resolution Services deals with complaints on an individual basis, if you know of others who are experiencing issues with this company please feel free to share with them this information regarding filing a complaint with the FMC or please advise these individuals to contact our office directly at 202 523-5807 or via email at complaints@fmc.gov for further assistance. You can file a complaint, by submitting the required documents via fax to (202) 275-0059 or by e-mail at (complaints@fmc.gov). Within the complaint we will need: 1. Your name and contact information. 2. The name and contact information for the party you are filing the complaint against. 3. A brief description of the problem/issues prompting your complaint and the resolution you are seeking. 4. Documents relating to the shipment. e.g. contract, bill of lading, proof of payment, etc. After all required documents have been received your complaint will be assigned to one of our staff members, who will then contact you. **Please note that the Federal Maritime Commission has jurisdiction only with regard to ocean transportation provided between the United States and a foreign destination, or vice-versa.tc all be safe everyone .....kind regards,che che

URGIRL
Posted
Posted

ACE Cargo info the address of ACE here in California 3420 Verdugo Road, Los Angeles CA 90065 phone # 323-258-0087 and 323-258-0089

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Che Che, thank you for your posting… this is very helpful information!:AddEmoticons04230:

love2winalot
Posted
Posted

Hi. ACE Cargo express is out of business. The numbers in CA, are not in service, and mail boxes are full. I had shipped 5 boxes thru them on the 15th of november. There worker in Las Vegas has disconnected their phone. My In Laws in manila went and found out the following:ACE did not pay the import/customs fee's, so ALL the boxes were seized, and then sold to the highest bidder. They, "the highest bidder" are now charging p3000, "$70", per box, to sell it back to the shipper, or whom ever it was intended for. :89: I am not going to pay the ramsom. It was mostly canned food, gatoraid, sheets/towls, and stuff like that. This is a Good leason as to what can happen by trying to save a few peso's, and using a small company, instead of LBC, or a larger company like them.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Hi. ACE Cargo express is out of business. The numbers in CA, are not in service, and mail boxes are full. I had shipped 5 boxes thru them on the 15th of november. There worker in Las Vegas has disconnected their phone. My In Laws in manila went and found out the following:ACE did not pay the import/customs fee's, so ALL the boxes were seized, and then sold to the highest bidder. They, "the highest bidder" are now charging p3000, "$70", per box, to sell it back to the shipper, or whom ever it was intended for. :23_11_62[1]: I am not going to pay the ramsom. It was mostly canned food, gatoraid, sheets/towls, and stuff like that. This is a Good leason as to what can happen by trying to save a few peso's, and using a small company, instead of LBC, or a larger company like them.
Thanks for the update. I will be using LBC. Only one I found in FL that has door-to-door delivery from my area (boondocks).

• 4 months later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Hi. ACE Cargo express is out of business. The numbers in CA, are not in service, and mail boxes are full. I had shipped 5 boxes thru them on the 15th of november. There worker in Las Vegas has disconnected their phone. My In Laws in manila went and found out the following:ACE did not pay the import/customs fee's, so ALL the boxes were seized, and then sold to the highest bidder. They, "the highest bidder" are now charging p3000, "$70", per box, to sell it back to the shipper, or whom ever it was intended for. :th_thholysheep: I am not going to pay the ramsom. It was mostly canned food, gatoraid, sheets/towls, and stuff like that. This is a Good leason as to what can happen by trying to save a few peso's, and using a small company, instead of LBC, or a larger company like them.
I will tell you that even with a larger company there are sometimes problems. Though you will usually be able to get some kind of resolution to your problem. ACE has been having trouble for years. I know because I have picked up some of their customers. Sorry that their customers had to suffer in the loss though. Maybe you guys can get a class action going. Someone should have the money they collected. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I work with a smaller company that has been in business since 1985. I have been the Arizona agent since 1998. So not all small companies are unreliable. Unfortunately some of these guys will tell you anything to get your business.