Only In Cebu

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I regularly browse cebu classifieds to see if there are any interesting bargains to be had. I came across an ad that seems to be posted by a local steel worker who is attempting to make a web site to advertise his wares.This is an admirable endeavor except that he is using a free site where ads can be distracting and he has searched the Internet for examples of things he thinks he can do instead of photographing and posting his own work.For example, he appears to have searched the web for pictures of 'Dog Cages' and posted them to his site as his own work. Take a look at this DOG CAGE he is advertising to make for you:Go here to see a full size picEdit: I did a reverse search of the image with Tin Eye and found the pic was originally used on a humane society link that does not seem to work now. Here is a similar thumbnail pic if it works (for those that don't want to click on the full size pic)winning_one_for_the_nippers2_160.jpg

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I regularly browse cebu classifieds to see if there are any interesting bargains to be had. I came across an ad that seems to be posted by a local steel worker who is attempting to make a web site to advertise his wares.This is an admirable endeavor except that he is using a free site where ads can be distracting and he has searched the Internet for examples of things he thinks he can do instead of photographing and posting his own work.For example, he appears to have searched the web for pictures of 'Dog Cages' and posted them to his site as his own work. Take a look at this DOG CAGE he is advertising to make for you:Go here to see a full size pic
Thats the problem when one does not own a camera. If I had a gun and knew where that cage was I would shoot the dogs owner or maybe better put him in the cage. angry.gif

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I regularly browse cebu classifieds to see if there are any interesting bargains to be had. I came across an ad that seems to be posted by a local steel worker who is attempting to make a web site to advertise his wares.This is an admirable endeavor except that he is using a free site where ads can be distracting and he has searched the Internet for examples of things he thinks he can do instead of photographing and posting his own work.For example, he appears to have searched the web for pictures of 'Dog Cages' and posted them to his site as his own work. Take a look at this DOG CAGE he is advertising to make for you:Go here to see a full size picEdit: I did a reverse search of the image with Tin Eye and found the pic was originally used on a humane society link that does not seem to work now. Here is a similar thumbnail pic if it works (for those that don't want to click on the full size pic)winning_one_for_the_nippers2_160.jpg
That is truly sad to see for us westerners, but animals seem to have little rights in the PHL and while it hurts us to see, I suspect it is everyday for most of the locals, yet we are seeing more and more pet shops going up, so I suspect the attitude is changing, at least in the cities.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
That is truly sad to see for us westerners, but animals seem to have little rights in the PHL and while it hurts us to see, I suspect it is everyday for most of the locals, yet we are seeing more and more pet shops going up, so I suspect the attitude is changing, at least in the cities.
I could be wrong but it does not look like a Filipino house to me,painted weather board.The photo was found on the net the OP said so could be anywhere.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I could be wrong but it does not look like a Filipino house to me,painted weather board.The photo was found on the net the OP said so could be anywhere.
OK so I will expand my answer, animals have little rights in many countries, and many westerners are not used to seeing that type of treatment of animals, so it bothers us, but it is everyday life in many countries where some even eat dogs on a regular basis. That dog out there might just be there being stored until they decide to cook him. devil.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Now this goes to show that a picture is not always worth a thousand words. So far myself and the 2 responders have had negative thoughts upon seeing this picture. I mentioned I did a reverse search to see where the image originated. It is no longer available but take a look at the URL from the humane society site where it used to be and then rethink the origin of the picOriginal URI: /web-files/disaster/hurricane_katrina_2005/281x163_stranded_dog_sheltered_in_AC_cage.jpgHmmmm. I think this is a rescued dog! Its still funny that the steel worker used this pic to advertise dog cages that he makes in Cebu, cool_beans.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted
I regularly browse cebu classifieds to see if there are any interesting bargains to be had. I came across an ad that seems to be posted by a local steel worker who is attempting to make a web site to advertise his wares.This is an admirable endeavor except that he is using a free site where ads can be distracting and he has searched the Internet for examples of things he thinks he can do instead of photographing and posting his own work.For example, he appears to have searched the web for pictures of 'Dog Cages' and posted them to his site as his own work. Take a look at this DOG CAGE he is advertising to make for you:Go here to see a full size pic
Thats the problem when one does not own a camera. If I had a gun and knew where that cage was I would shoot the dogs owner or maybe better put him in the cage. angry.gif
:AddEmoticons04230:As Lee points out, dogs are beginning to get a better reputation out here, but still...more education is needed. The only reason you see more strays in third world countries is because in the west, you have animal control and actually get the loose dogs OFF the streets...where they are then to the majority, sadly culled. I actually walk my dog around the SM mall out here every morning, and there are a few others that walk dogs...seems the popular breeds are pugs and those weener dogs.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
Now this goes to show that a picture is not always worth a thousand words. So far myself and the 2 responders have had negative thoughts upon seeing this picture. I mentioned I did a reverse search to see where the image originated. It is no longer available but take a look at the URL from the humane society site where it used to be and then rethink the origin of the picOriginal URI: /web-files/disaster/hurricane_katrina_2005/281x163_stranded_dog_sheltered_in_AC_cage.jpgHmmmm. I think this is a rescued dog! Its still funny that the steel worker used this pic to advertise dog cages that he makes in Cebu, cool_beans.gif
:cheersty::lol:

• 1 month later...
Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

That's no dog cage, it's a security cage for an air conditioner.The dog must have crawled out the window (opening at the right side of the pic) and possibly couldn't figure out how to get back in the window.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
That's no dog cage, it's a security cage for an air conditioner.The dog must have crawled out the window (opening at the right side of the pic) and possibly couldn't figure out how to get back in the window.
Silly me, I assumed the dog had some business to take care of.