Advice On Where To Live In Cebu

Washingtonian
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am an American Lawyer/Businessman with a small four person office in Cebu. I live in Shanghai most of the time, but I am in Cebu almost every month for about a week. I want to find a Furnished Studio or One Bedroom Apartment near Ayala Mall. My Budget is 15,000 to 25,000. My requirements are Furnished, Small, with TV and Cable Access/Hookup. Any suggestions about where and maybe even the name of the complex would be grealy appreciated. I need small (the newer the better) as I am the only one. Thanks,Washingtonian.

Edited by Washingtonian

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am an American Lawyer/Businessman with a small four person office in Cebu. I live in Shanghai most of the time, but I am in Cebu almost every month for about a week. I want to find a Furnished Studio or One Bedroom Apartment near Ayala Mall. My Budget is 15,000 to 25,000. My requirements are Furnished, Small, with TV and Cable Access/Hookup. Any suggestions about where and maybe even the name of the complex would be grealy appreciated. I need small (the newer the better) as I am the only one. Thanks,Washingtonian.
Hi there,it's difficult for anybody to recommend to people as yourself because options are many and not all are aware of them.Without stating the 'bleeding obvious'..try cebu classifieds,gumtree and the ads section in the Sunstar newspaper. But as always, be careful as to rent cost....some state it some don't. I rented a place for a while in Cebu from the sunstar paper ads..it stated 9,000 per month. I got there...and told it 10,000 per month...that was from mother of owner....the owner in Bohol at time. When owner returned we had conversation...and it reverted to 9,000. She said her mother made mistake..hhhmmm.Just be careful.....they will rob you at any opportunity...and that is so disappointing when you have been brought up to be honest and suffer such shxt. Edited by Mr. Lee
Combine posts

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted (edited)
When I was a partner in a tourism business in Cebu City, our office was at the corner of Tojong and C. Rosal Sts, in Kamputhaw. It used to take me 7 minutes to walk from the office to the Gaisano Department store entrance at Ayala Mall.Across the road, on the other corner, was the Marison Condominiums. I always thought I would like to stay there. Only trouble was, they wanted a 1 year contract and I didn't want to commit for a year. They have studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and when I was checking them out, they would provide the furniture if you wanted. In 2006, studio apartments started at P9000 per month, plus utilities. No idea of the cost now.Here is an external picture I took of the building in 2006 post-5-0-77518200-1295746217_thumb.jpgIf the picture makes the street look quiet, that is because it is, The main traffic on C. Rosal Street is cars trying to bypass the major intersection at the corner of Gorordo and Escario.The surrounding area is mosly well to do Filipino residential housing behind high hollowblock walls.Regards; Jim Sibbick Edited by Jim Sibbick

Washingtonian
Posted
Posted (edited)
When I was a partner in a tourism business in Cebu City, our office was at the corner of Tojong and C. Rosal Sts, in Kamputhaw. It used to take me 7 minutes to walk from the office to the Gaisano Department store entrance at Ayala Mall.Across the road, on the other corner, was the Marison Condominiums. I always thought I would like to stay there. Only trouble was, they wanted a 1 year contract and I didn't want to commit for a year. They have studio, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and when I was checking them out, they would provide the furniture if you wanted. In 2006, studio apartments started at P9000 per month, plus utilities. No idea of the cost now.Here is an external picture I took of the building in 2006 post-5-0-77518200-1295746217_thumb.jpgIf the picture makes the street look quiet, that is because it is, The main traffic on C. Rosal Street is cars trying to bypass the major intersection at the corner of Gorordo and Escario.The surrounding area is mosly well to do Filipino residential housing behind high hollowblock walls.Regards; Jim Sibbick
Thanks. I will check it out. That would work for me.John Edited by Mr. Lee
combine posts

• 4 months later...
Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Hi! i have owned a real estate office in Talamban Cebu for 4 years, please check out cebu property rentals and let us know if we can be of assistance, should be number 1 on most searcc engines. we mainly deal with the Banilad, Talamban & Mandaue area's