Inbound Cash

guppyman
Posted
Posted

This may sound like a silly question, but is there a restriction on the amount of US cash you can bring into the country? Here in China, there is a strict limit on the amount of US dollars they will wire to the Philippines. It cannot be more than $2000 in one year, so I was thinking of cashing out my savings account into dollars from RMB and bringing it when I come. Is there any problem in doing this? Thanks.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
This may sound like a silly question, but is there a restriction on the amount of US cash you can bring into the country? Here in China, there is a strict limit on the amount of US dollars they will wire to the Philippines. It cannot be more than $2000 in one year, so I was thinking of cashing out my savings account into dollars from RMB and bringing it when I come. Is there any problem in doing this? Thanks.
If I remember correctly its the same as in the States, $10,000.00 USD. HOWEVER I would never ever want that kinda cash on me in Philippines.

Jake
Posted
Posted
If I remember correctly its the same as in the States, $10,000.00 USD. HOWEVER I would never ever want that kinda cash on me in Philippines.
Right on Old55! Any large amount in cold cash in your possession invites all kinds of sharks, especially at the airport.Guppyman, please read the below link that happened recently to an active US Naval officer at Manila International:http://www.philippin...indpost&p=33504Respectfully -- Jake

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The arrival cards say $10.000 US or equivalent to in other currency's from memory,you can bring in more but you must declare it.

guppyman
Posted
Posted

Thanks everyone for the info. I understand that there is a Bank of China branch in Cebu. I think I will just transfer the money there. It seems to be the safest way to go. Thanks again

The arrival cards say $10.000 US or equivalent to in other currency's from memory,you can bring in more but you must declare it.