Super Bowl

Inspector
Posted
Posted

I have the game live on my TV, so if anybody is from Davao and wants to come on over and watch it....PLEASE, you are all welcome. Food and coffee/whiskey is on me. For those who are from other parts of the Philippines, when I was living in Cebu, there was a great bar called the SPORTS EXCHANGE that was on the second floor in Mango Square...where all the disco places are...Juliano's, Body Shop?...near the bars with girls for those who know those places. I watched it with a few retired Marines a few years ago, and the place was PACKED, as well having great food. I do not know the guy/owner...and am making NO MONEY off this announcement, but feel being it's a BIG game for many Americans, THE game...and they should ALL know where to go.I did meet the owner while there...and he was a very low key guy I believe from South Africa. Now, I have not been there for a while, so you may want to google them and give them a call. Anybody have other places to watch the big game in the Philippines, they should share them so all can be happy knowing they won't go to a advertised bar that you need to drive 2 hours to, and only find out that they can not get the game. Just thank the Kegel boy by making a post I can giggle at! :grouphugg:

United Army
Posted
Posted
I have the game live on my TV, so if anybody is from Davao and wants to come on over and watch it....PLEASE, you are all welcome. Food and coffee/whiskey is on me. For those who are from other parts of the Philippines, when I was living in Cebu, there was a great bar called the SPORTS EXCHANGE that was on the second floor in Mango Square...where all the disco places are...Juliano's, Body Shop?...near the bars with girls for those who know those places. I watched it with a few retired Marines a few years ago, and the place was PACKED, as well having great food. I do not know the guy/owner...and am making NO MONEY off this announcement, but feel being it's a BIG game for many Americans, THE game...and they should ALL know where to go.I did meet the owner while there...and he was a very low key guy I believe from South Africa. Now, I have not been there for a while, so you may want to google them and give them a call. Anybody have other places to watch the big game in the Philippines, they should share them so all can be happy knowing they won't go to a advertised bar that you need to drive 2 hours to, and only find out that they can not get the game. Just thank the Kegel boy by making a post I can giggle at! :grouphugg:
Thanks for this info I will check out this Sports Exchange....Go PACKERS

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Badgers Pub has all the sports channels. Marriott no longer shows sports events like they did in the past.

• 2 weeks later...
Inspector
Posted
Posted

Meh....watching the superbowl at 7 AM, naked drinking coffee is not my idea of Super Sunday. :wave:

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Meh....watching the superbowl at 7 AM, naked drinking coffee is not my idea of Super Sunday. :horse:
Yea, it's weird watching it at 7am on a Monday morning. Hard to build much excitement when you're just waking up. This is the first year in a few that's I've seen it because I'm usually in the Philippines in Jan/Feb when it's played. I thought it was a great game, looked like it would be a blowout early but Pittsburgh came back and made it exciting. Too many mistakes though. I thought Fox did an excellent job with the camera work and commentary. Did not watch the halftime show IT but seemed to go on forever. I started watching the commercials after halftime; I had forgotten they were good, I always switch channels or mute them. The Elantra and Coke ones were excellent but there were a lot of good ones. A lot I missed.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

It was a great game. We got to watch it on my friends 55 inch Samsung LED TV in high definition and it was almost like being right there. I guess I will have to break down and get me one of those one day and get rid of our 36 inch CRT TV which is going on 14 years old but still going strong.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Meh....watching the superbowl at 7 AM, naked drinking coffee is not my idea of Super Sunday. :horse:
Yea, it's weird watching it at 7am on a Monday morning. Hard to build much excitement when you're just waking up. This is the first year in a few that's I've seen it because I'm usually in the Philippines in Jan/Feb when it's played. I thought it was a great game, looked like it would be a blowout early but Pittsburgh came back and made it exciting. Too many mistakes though. I thought Fox did an excellent job with the camera work and commentary. Did not watch the halftime show IT but seemed to go on forever. I started watching the commercials after halftime; I had forgotten they were good, I always switch channels or mute them. The Elantra and Coke ones were excellent but there were a lot of good ones. A lot I missed.
I agree with you Fox did a great job. Half time was lame but we did enjoy the game.

Inspector
Posted
Posted
I agree with you Fox did a great job. Half time was lame but we did enjoy the game.
I had to watch the NFL network here...listening to Joe Theismann....UGH! No commercials either....and boom boom pow at halftime.....double UGH! Game became interesting in the second half, but as Mike says, hard to get worked up for it at 7 AM.