Magic Talk Free Phone Calls United States & Canada

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Anyone try using this service yet? I wonder if it will work from other countries to the US?MagicTalk - MagicJack Without The JackSaturday November 20, 2010MagicJack is one of those VoIP companies that offer voice calls without a monthly bill, using a simple device connected to your phone. MagicJack has now launched MagicTalk, a software that replaces the 'jack' you needed to make the calls. MagicTalk allows you to make free calls to any landline and mobile phone within the US and Canada, a bit like what GMail Calling offers. The difference is that if you are making the call outside US territory, you have to pay. MagicTalk comes with voicemail and also offers you a free phone number on registration. It is also possible to port your existing number to it.You can read more about it HERE on Geek with laptop.

sjp52
Posted
Posted

I just tried it. Works great. I called my wife in the Philippines and she answered on her magic Jack.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I just tried it. Works great. I called my wife in the Philippines and she answered on her magic Jack.
OK so then this is yet another way for people to make free phone calls to the US or Canada, that is until they start charging for the calls or membership. Now we need someone in the Philippines to try it back to the states or Canada, but I think they would have to use a US address to register it.Thanks sjp52. :AddEmoticons04230:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
OK so then this is yet another way for people to make free phone calls to the US or Canada, that is until they start charging for the calls or membership. Now we need someone in the Philippines to try it back to the states or Canada, but I think they would have to use a US address to register it. Thanks sjp52. :AddEmoticons04230:
Doesn't this sentence cut out the whole purpose of using it outside the US?
The difference is that if you are making the call outside US territory, you have to pay.