What Essential Items Do You Normally Carry Day To Day?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I’m curious what essential items you guys normally have on hand away from home when you go into town or whatever for the day? I do not carry my passport or a wallet on me. I wear knee length cargo pants with baggie Velcro pockets and a golfing hot weather type sports polo shirt.A few small individual sanitizers wipe packets.*Tissue paper.Small LED key fob penlight.Cell phone.Pen. A thumb drive.ATM cardMoneyI always place money the same way so I don’t have to even think what location it is at but never all in one pocket. Most of the time 4-5 one thousand peso notes somewhat hidden place.A roll of two or three hundred pesos in tens and twenty’s.Fifteen hundred more or less in one’s and five hundreds. *http://www.diapers.c...productid=43661

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I’m curious what essential items you guys normally have on hand away from home when you go into town or whatever for the day? I do not carry my passport or a wallet on me. I wear knee length cargo pants with baggie Velcro pockets and a golfing hot weather type sports polo shirt.A few small individual sanitizers wipe packets.*Tissue paper.Small LED key fob penlight.Cell phone.Pen. A thumb drive.ATM cardMoneyI always place money the same way so I don’t have to even think what location it is at but never all in one pocket. Most of the time 4-5 one thousand peso notes somewhat hidden place.A roll of two or three hundred pesos in tens and twenty’s.Fifteen hundred more or less in one’s and five hundreds. *http://www.diapers.c...productid=43661
Now all you need is a two man tent and you could camp out for the night yes.gif

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I carry about 600 pesos for emergency use, (more if I am going shopping of course). A pack or 2 of pocket size Kleenex tissue. A handkerchief to wipe perspiration. A cell phone. Keys, drivers license, Atm card in case of urgent financial need, credit card in case I get rushed to hospital and they won't look at me until they see some money, a few coins, reading glasses and sometimes a candy bar.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Now all you need is a two man tent and you could camp out for the night yes.gif
Yea, I know I can get kinda anal and I forgot the most important thing....a bottle opener.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I carry a wallet with a B/W copy of my passport and a color copy of my US drivers license affixed to a hard plastic credit card like substance for another id, as well as my local address in case of accident. I also usually carry a couple thousand pesos hidden on me, as well as a Philippine ATM card with about 8,000 to 13,000 pesos in that account that has the minimum of p3000 locked, in case I need something and in case someone mugs me and lives to use it. biggrin.gif I also carry some small change and small bills in another pocket. I never carry more than I can afford to lose and would prefer to give it up rather than kill or be killed, and especially if I am with my wife and or friends. I usually go online and transfer money to replenish the ATM account I carry from another account when it is needed and if we intend to buy a larger item then I will put in more into that account. My wife if with me will bring our Philippine checkbook, but only if we intend on buying a very large item such as furniture or appliances, or she will bring checks made out and bills so we can pay them at the mall, or we may bring yet another ATM card so we can withdraw twice as much in cash if needed due to daily limits set by the bank. Otherwise I carry my cell phone, a key, a small flashlight, a hankie, a small wad of toilet paper or tissue package, a decent pocket knife and any daily meds, as well as emergency meds. I recommend that people carry Benedryl or another antihistamine that works for them, if they have never been to the Philippines before, in case of an insect bite or a seriously allergic reaction to some new foods, since many people are highly allergic to items such as mango's and might never know it because they never ate them before, and those and other things may be used to flavor certain foods. Also an item I forgot is a small bottle of alcohol to clean the hands. As many of you know, because you have met me, I dress in blue jeans or cargo pants when out an about and usually have on a sport type workout shirt or tee shirt because they are cool and dry fast when they get wet. Oh and I used to wear a belly bag years ago with all types of stuff in it, but that screams tourist a mile away, so while Jake probably can get away with it being that he is Filipino, my being white and tall makes me stand out enough, so no more belly bags for me, but I do like when my wife wears a small one instead of carrying her pocketbook. A lot of what people carry will have to do with if they are tourists or full time residents and since we are part time residents then we probably eat out and shop more than most full time people would, thus we have different needs.

Edited by Mr. Lee
add after thought content
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,I did mentioned that I carry a small black fanny pack meant to go around the waist but I usually drape it over the right shoulder. It actually looks like I'm packin' a weapon. When inspected, the guards at the mall are pleasantly surprised that it only contains my scented alcohol, wash cloth, small flashlight and bug spray. I do carry a small very thin wallet (Magic Wallet) with a reduced size copy of my US passport, emergency contact card (both laminated) and LTO driver's license. I usually wear shorts (the ones that are still a few inches above the knee), quick dry sport shirt with a collar and ball cap (US Marine/Navy with my rank insignia). When driving my Cheap Wrangler (locally built), a larger cannister of pepper spray, a long and heavy flashlight (4D size), first aid and tool kit and a million candle power spot light (rechargeable and water proof). Thinking about mounting a small HD dash camto record errant drivers/pedestrians. Jake

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
Only the money I think I will need for the day, small notes separated from large notes and kept in front pockets secured by velcro, buttons or zippers.Plus in other pockets- an ATM card just in case- tissue if I think of it - my stubbie holder. (Something that keeps the beer cool for longer)- mobile phone (cell phone)Regards; Jim

roy2cebu
Posted
Posted

Hi Jim,funny you say stubby holder to keep beer colder longer...I was once told by an Aussie at a BBQ that if you need a stubby holder you ain't drinking fast enough!Won't go into too much detail as to what I carry when out...in case of being followed and targeted for those possessions....hehe!Seriously though...#1 for me is definately tissue paper for emergency runs to CR's...

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted
I was once told by an Aussie at a BBQ that if you need a stubby holder you ain't drinking fast enough!
Thanks but the day I met you at Lonestar, I drank 27 stubbies. It is probably better to drink at my slow pace or people might think I am an alcoholic.Regards; Jim

Inspector
Posted
Posted

Usually my passport, wallet with all my credit cards, gold necklace, rolex (the one Roger Federer endorses), silk shirt, 30,000- 50,000 pesos.... and a diamond pinkie ring engraved with my initials.I find that while taking jeepneys, many locals drop change in front of me, I'm sure in admiration of my wealth. :):lol:Actually, just enough cash for the day, and a cell phone, unless I can get out of house without it....ever get 30 calls in a hour while getting a massage and having to turn it off due to massage rules?"Why did you turn off the cell phone while getting a massage?...did she touch the cobra?....was she gwapa?":89:Cell phones...a naggers best weapon. :508: