Which Airport Immigration, Cebu Or Manila

chingching
Posted
Posted

Hi all.I'm flying Hong Kong to Manila, where I have about a 5 hour stop-over, and then connecting onwards to Cebu. I am wondering which airport immigration check-in will I be using. I have heard that the Cebu branch is easier, and I would prefer to use that one. Would your answer be true of flights originating from anywhere and not just Hong Kong?Thanks in Advance,C

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted
Hi all.I'm flying Hong Kong to Manila, where I have about a 5 hour stop-over, and then connecting onwards to Cebu. I am wondering which airport immigration check-in will I be using. I have heard that the Cebu branch is easier, and I would prefer to use that one. Would your answer be true of flights originating from anywhere and not just Hong Kong?Thanks in Advance,C
That depends on the airline you are using. If it is PAL, then you may clear customs in Cebu instead of Manila. If not PAL, you will get your bags in Manila clear customs there and recheck your bags to your connecting flight with the Philippines carrier (Cebu Pacific, PAL, etc.). When traveling to Cebu from the US on PAL, they handle the transfer from the International to Domestic, and final Customs and Immigration in Cebu. With any other carrier you are on your own. Customs in Cebu is a lot easier -- significantly less volume. If PAL, you can call them to confirm the process.The problem with connecting in Manila with different carriers that I have found is the worst is the different baggage limits. I've suffered through this many times ... where I load up to the limit only to be met with limits and additional fees on the connection from Manila.

No name
Posted
Posted

Sometimes you can get direct flights to Cebu. most of the time, I have not been able too.This should improve soon. Philippines is going to allow non Philippines airlines to fly into the Philippines.Several airports will be expanded. Cebu and Davao are two of them.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Sometimes you can get direct flights to Cebu. most of the time, I have not been able too.This should improve soon. Philippines is going to allow non Philippines airlines to fly into the Philippines.Several airports will be expanded. Cebu and Davao are two of them.
We fly Korean Air directly into Cebu and try to skip the hassle of Manila. We used to use PAL but find KAL much easier.