Another Fireworks Factory Explodes

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My wife sent me a message earlier tonight to say they are on red alert what ever that means,she is in Zamboanga city and the fireworks factory has exploded and burnt down.There was a huge black cloud over the city which I guess was smoke.Not much safety in industry in the Philippines hey.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Breaking News Story on Blast and Fire in ZamboangaDAVAO CITY, Philippines – (UPDATE 2) An explosion that ripped through a warehouse of firecrackers and chemicals and triggered a fire in several buildings at the Canelar district of Zamboanga City Friday afternoon has been put out, a police official said.Police Superintendent Jose Bayani Gucela, spokesman of Western Mindanao Police Office, said the three-hour fire was put out at 6:15 p.m., saying it is now "contained," there are no casualties, and authorities are conducting "clearing" operations.Gucela, who is also the chief of the city’s bomb squad unit, said "We cannot determine yet what [started] the explosion of firecrackers but [according to] witnesses, there was some kind of blast ... inside the tightly closed warehouse."